Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2015 Pattern Discussion

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never doubt the SE ridge! 2/3s of the eastern us, will torch this week, the wedge and easterly flow are saving us! Carrollton will probably flirt with 80

Too much cloud cover for it to get that warm, but i may flirt with some records at night with temps close to 20 degrees above normal. According to accuweather, I won't even get my first freeze until the middle of December which is unheard of.

Too much cloud cover for it to get that warm, but i may flirt with some records at night with temps close to 20 degrees above normal. According to accuweather, I won't even get my first freeze until the middle of December which is unheard of.

Accuweathers forecasts are so very grossly inaccurate its not even funny. 

We've explained to you, on numerous occasions, to not follow those forecasts. Do you have some sort of learning disability?

5.6 in less then 30 hours.  Hope to get some gom lows doing this come Jan and Feb.  I don't really need rain, but I don't want it to stop.  It's been since 99 that I've seen rains like the last 6 months or so.  Funny how the micro climate switch can mean so much.  For years Atl would get hammered, and I'd get little or nothing, summer, winter, not matter, and now the worm has turned once again, and if a train is coming, it will go right thru here everytime, and for years, and years, it always missed me.  I could see my sleet in feet, if it will just keep this up, and blocking keeps it cold near the furnace :)  Amazing how 40 or 50 miles can make such a difference when the microclimate, or terrain funnels, or moles, or something changes in the equation. T

Seems we have been in a pattern since the start of Fall of having long stretches of dry weather followed by two or three days of rain in a row. When we do get rain, it seems to stick around for a while. 

I guess what I really meant is when we do get precip, it seems to stick around for a while. It's not dry for three days, then rain, then dry for two more days, then rain for a day. It's dry for a while, and then when the precip comes, it sticks around for 5 out of 7 days before we really dry out again. 

I am in agreement; since the end of August with the slow moving low it has been a very unique pattern, it has been almost its own season.  Hot temperatures were simply gone, while still prevalent and even above average in the Midwest.

From the winter forecast thread

``

This basin wide Nino strength levels will make forecasting the winter much tougher because it is so rare to see it and try to pigeon hole it just as another El Nino, it clearly is not

`` 

I am in agreement; since the end of August with the slow moving low it has been a very unique pattern, it has been almost its own season.  Hot temperatures were simply gone, while still prevalent and even above average in the Midwest.

From the winter forecast thread

``

This basin wide Nino strength levels will make forecasting the winter much tougher because it is so rare to see it and try to pigeon hole it just as another El Nino, it clearly is not

`` 

Now if we can just get these stretches of 3 or 4 days of precip during the winter. It seems a lot of times one reason we don't get snow here is the precip just doesn't stick around long. It comes and goes in a day. If we can get it to stick around more like we have since September, we could have more chances to get snow out of it.

Now if we can just get these stretches of 3 or 4 days of precip during the winter. It seems a lot of times one reason we don't get snow here is the precip just doesn't stick around long. It comes and goes in a day. If we can get it to stick around more like we have since September, we could have more chances to get snow out of it.

Actually our chances of winter weather are better with shorter duration systems( say less than 36 hrs)  versus longer in 95% of the setups we get, a long moisture fetch also usually means warming aloft and that means 35 and rain. We need a strong anchored/slow moving high over the eastern GL or NE and then some sort of low coming up out of the GOM to get big snows here....I cant ever remember a storm that gave us snow off and on for 3 or 4 days......if we get a setup like we have had for the last 3-4 day in the winter its gonna rain.

Archived