Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2015 Pattern Discussion

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah low to mid 20's and maybe even some teens Raleigh west, should be the first sub 50 high for us in the east with full sun......

CMC much colder than the GFS which is mid to upper 20's everywhere the CMC is brrrrrr...CMC also has a pretty big storm for the Fri-Sun period after Thanksgiving where the latest GFS has nothing

Local zone forecast doesn't match up to the models, or even what the AFD says... (RAH)

Saturday Night And Sunday
Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s. Highs in the lower 50s.
Sunday Night Through Monday Night
Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s. Highs in the upper 40s.

THE COLDESTNIGHTS SHOULD BE SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY NIGHT WHEN A HARD FREEZEAPPEARS LIKELY WITH WIDESPREAD MID 20S EXPECTED. DAILY HIGHS WILL BECOLDEST SUNDAY AND MONDAY (40S)

Downeast, FFC has me getting to about 52 on Monday, but your map shows about 43-44 here. Should that model be trusted or is it too cold?

The CMC has a cold bias, I believe . It's not the first model I would look at for wintry precip or temps, but every once in awhile, it'll be right and lead the way with regards to snow, but it's a snowlovers model of choice , because it's always showing snow or ice, when no other model is! When someone says " the Canadian looks good, or gives me a foot" it's a sign of desperation 99% of the time! I could see upper 40s for you and me, with full sun, it's a nice shot of cold either way!

Downeast, FFC has me getting to about 52 on Monday, but your map shows about 43-44 here. Should that model be trusted or is it too cold?

You should always take 2m model temps with a grain of salt, if at all. They are derived from higher model levels and there are many things that can affect a sfc temp fcst. 

The CMC has a cold bias, I believe . It's not the first model I would look at for wintry precip or temps, but every once in awhile, it'll be right and lead the way with regards to snow, but it's a snowlovers model of choice , because it's always showing snow or ice, when no other model is! When someone says " the Canadian looks good, or gives me a foot" it's a sign of desperation 99% of the time! I could see upper 40s for you and me, with full sun, it's a nice shot of cold either way!

Well, I have yet to have a high below 50 so will be nice to see my first sub 50 with full sun! Cold nights too. Can't wait! Actually, I'm still even waiting on my first freeze which is crazy. My lowest has been 33 but I'm on a ridge, gotta love inversions.

You should always take 2m model temps with a grain of salt, if at all. They are derived from higher model levels and there are many things that can affect a sfc temp fcst. 

Such as downsloping I assume. If CAA isn't strong enough, NE GA down-wind of the mnts will be a good bit warmer, but I'm guessing the CAA with this cold shot will offset much if any downsloping that could occur. Would you concur?

Such as downsloping I assume. If CAA isn't strong enough, NE GA down-wind of the mnts will be a good bit warmer, but I'm guessing the CAA with this cold shot will offset much if any downsloping that could occur. Would you concur?

Llvl CAA and downsloping wont be much of a factor Mon it looks like. The thermal trof will be east of NE GA and the llvl wnds will be veering in good insol. Looks like a slowly modifying airmass throughout the day. Temps arnd 10 degrees below normal.  

Archived