Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Fall 2015 Pattern Discussion

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Calc, that's going to be representative of several snowfall total maps this winter, I think, with maybe a little less on the SW end.

That's the perfect track and swath ! Don't change a thing!? Verification will be another story! And who looks at the Euro 24 hrs out from go time!!?

It's time to RAP and HRRR! Trick or treat! :)

^ Calc, that's going to be representative of several snowfall total maps this winter, I think, with maybe a little less on the SW end.

Sounds good!  I'm down with that.

That's the perfect track and swath ! Don't change a thing!? Verification will be another story! And who looks at the Euro 24 hrs out from go time!!?

It's time to RAP and HRRR! Trick or treat! :)

Nobody looks at the Euro.  Throw it out!

Nice dump! IMHO, 1:1 ratio is the best we could do for this system though.

Yep.  Only 1:1 here this go around.  Actually, probably more like 0.95:1.  (We'll lose some to evaporation as it has moisten up the atmosphere!)

And we're what within 24 hours now and we're seeing these massive jumps? That's ridiculous.

It was a bit surprising to see it shift so much to the north after several runs in a row being further south. However it looks like a clear outlier with the  the 12z 4km/12km nam, 12z gfs, 12z rgem, and 0z uk with  holding on to the same general area as earlier runs. (*edit*..add the 12z canadian and 12z uk) as well. 12z canadian, which was the only other model close to the euro has shifted way south*)   So Model consensus really makes it look like  the 85 corridor from atlanta to gso is the prime target area for heavy to excessive totals.

fwiw, the models have a bit too far north with the heavier totals in the lower ms valley thanks to convection along the coastal areas. Will be interesting to see if this translates eastward with time as noted by ffc a few times. Regardless, sure looks likely there will be  more flooding wherever that main area of precip sets up. These excessive rainfall events have been impressive this year that's for sure.

It was a bit surprising to see it shift so much to the north after several runs in a row being further south. However it looks like a clear outlier with the the 12z 4km/12km nam, 12z gfs, 12z rgem, and 0z uk with holding on to the same general area as earlier runs. (*edit*..add the 12z canadian and 12z uk) as well. 12z canadian, which was the only other model close to the euro has shifted way south*) So Model consensus really makes it look like the 85 corridor from atlanta to gso is the prime target area for heavy to excessive totals.

fwiw, the models have a bit too far north with the heavier totals in the lower ms valley thanks to convection along the coastal areas. Will be interesting to see if this translates eastward with time as noted by ffc a few times. Regardless, sure looks likely there will be more flooding wherever that main area of precip sets up. These excessive rainfall events have been impressive this year that's for sure.

So, it's the Euro vs the field again. If the Euro gets this right, I'm not going to even look at any other models this winter. Regarding convection, I think that could play an issue with rainfall totals. We'll see....

So, it's the Euro vs the field again. If the Euro gets this right, I'm not going to even look at any other models this winter. Regarding convection, I think that could play an issue with rainfall totals. We'll see....

Not that I care about 1" vs 3" of rain but the Euro did jump 300 miles NW with its 0z run. All the models have a good consensus with 85 corridor. We shall see if Euros 0z run was a blip. If this was a winter storm we do know how this would end.

Never doubt the NW trend....

except when there isn't any.

North trend continuing! Euro is king!

um no. the 12z gfs is more or less identical to it's prior few runs with the axis of heavy rains.  Any difference is in the noise level range.  12z euro shifted back south. It's just a hair further north than the gfs and the overall consensus and not quite as far south as it's prior runs but pretty close. Overall it's back in agreement with the rest of the modeling. So in this case the euro trended toward the other guidance, not the other way around. 

um no. the 12z gfs is more or less identical to it's prior few runs with the axis of heavy rains. Any difference is in the noise level range. 12z euro shifted back south. It's just a hair further north than the gfs and the overall consensus and not quite as far south as it's prior runs but pretty close. Overall it's back in agreement with the rest of the modeling. So in this case the euro trended toward the other guidance, not the other way around.

It looks to me that the hi res GFS , has a more SW to NE orientation, the regular runs had a more WSW to ENE orientation , is whats I was basing my comment on! I was in the heart of the heavy band, now I'm on the very S edge with the hi res run

um no. the 12z gfs is more or less identical to it's prior few runs with the axis of heavy rains. Any difference is in the noise level range. 12z euro shifted back south. It's just a hair further north than the gfs and the overall consensus and not quite as far south as it's prior runs but pretty close. Overall it's back in agreement with the rest of the modeling. So in this case the euro trended toward the other guidance, not the other way around.

Right, which is never. At least here in the south. Especially in the winter. It's about as sure as 5PM today.

Archived