joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joaquin didn't disappoint the LB surf crew.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153227795942358

One of the better swells we have had in the 20 years I have been surfing long beach. I surfed 6 days straight all at least head high. Tuesday morning was mental and prob when that video was shot. I was a few blocks west at Franklin where I used to live

One of the better swells we have had in the 20 years I have been surfing long beach. I surfed 6 days straight all at least head high. Tuesday morning was mental and prob when that video was shot. I was a few blocks west at Franklin where I used to live

I love the higher vantage point on the new elevated walkway over the dunes on Pacific. I can't wait too see all

of shoreline once the beach and jetty reconstruction project is complete in a few years. The one thing that I would 

like to see is a Santa Monica style amusement pier near Edwards or Riverside. But don't think that one is in the cards. ;)

I love the higher vantage point on the new elevated walkway over the dunes on Pacific. I can't wait too see all

of shoreline once the beach and jetty reconstruction project is complete in a few years. The one thing that I would

like to see is a Santa Monica style amusement pier near Edwards or Riverside. But don't think that one is in the cards. ;)

Are they still planning to put a dune line in front of the boardwalk? ..the santamonica style amusement thing would be a negative in my opinion. Leave that for the jersey shore. Different feel. I do like the food trucks though.

Are they still planning to put a dune line in front of the boardwalk? ..the santamonica style amusement thing would be a negative in my opinion. Leave that for the jersey shore. Different feel. I do like the food trucks though.

Yes...they are still planning a dune in front of the boardwalk. I guess that I am a bit nostalgic for the old days in

Long Beach when they had the amusement park at Edwards. But I always thought that having a pier on the

ocean with maybe some fishing and shops would be nice. Long Beach seems to have outgrown its arcade

and amusement park phase of the old days.

Yes...they are still planning a dune in front of the boardwalk. I guess that I am a bit nostalgic for the old days in

Long Beach when they had the amusement park at Edwards. But I always thought that having a pier on the

ocean with maybe some fishing and shops would be nice. Long Beach seems to have outgrown its arcade

I say no no no to the amusement park. The last thing Lb needs. A fishing pier would be great though. Piers are great for waves too!!!

I say no no no to the amusement park. The last thing Lb needs. A fishing pier would be great though. Piers are great for waves too!!!

Yeah...the days of the amusement park and arcade on the boardwalk are in the past  for Long Beach. 

It was like a smaller version of Coney Island and Rockaway Playland up until the early 80's. That's when

the city moved into the modern condo phase of development. It would be great if there was a fishing 

pier into the ocean like they have down in the Carolinas and Florida.

Definitely a yes for a Florida type giant fishing pier with shops and food.

Never understood why LI doesn't have a few to begin with.

Definitely a yes for a Florida type giant fishing pier with shops and food.

Never understood why LI doesn't have a few to begin with.

I agree. That would be a beautiful finishing touch to the new boardwalk that they built after Sandy. 

The Army Corps plan is going to be a total overhaul of the whole beach front from new jetties to dunes.

I agree. That would be a beautiful finishing touch to the new boardwalk that they built after Sandy.

The Army Corps plan is going to be a total overhaul of the whole beach front from new jetties to dunes.

Basically what they should have done back in 06. While it wouldnt have prevented flooding from the bay side it would have completely stopped the surge damage. I'm not going to lie I was against the plan as it can and might completely ruin the waves in long beach. We shall see.

Basically what they should have done back in 06. While it wouldnt have prevented flooding from the bay side it would have completely stopped the surge damage. I'm not going to lie I was against the plan as it can and might completely ruin the waves in long beach. We shall see.

It will be interesting to see how the waves will be impacted since they are going dredge a large volume

of sand from offshore to elevate and extend the beach and build dunes.

That is 1980-2010, where KNYC averaged 24.6"

If you include 2010-2015, the number goes to 27".

The map is a bit deceiving.

So what? The light blue shading of 25-50" is so incredibly vague. I average between 35 and 40" a season but you couldn't hardly tell that using that graphic. That's like grouping people that got a B- in with those that received an A. 

Archived