joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your inability to look beyond raw model output is exactly the problem!!! ugh.

I see nothing in the pattern that would suggest temps are that far above average. I see Northwesterly winds the next few days with a trough pushing to our South. Then some brief Southwesterly flow Sunday/Monday that could give us a small temperature spike followed by more troughing early next week. 

show us the thinking that gets some to 80 on Friday.  We could all stand to learn something.

All I can think of is the Southwesterly flow on Sunday into Monday that will be there as the trough pushes offshore. 850's do get to the +12-16C range on the 12z Euro, but the problem is that we're almost in mid October by that point.

NWS has a high of 76 for Friday for the city.

Getting to 80 degrees is not impossible.

The Euro has max temps in the low to mid 70's. That's a lot different than achieving 80 degrees on October 13th. Either way, it's only a two day warm up. Then the hammer really drops at the end of the run.

f240.gif

True, however it would appear that clouds and possible showers arrive after noon.  If that happens, good luck with 80

Getting my engagement pictures taken that afternoon in Verona Park so I am hoping for some nice afternoon weather. I really don't see anything that would suggest cloudy or showery either. The GFS and Euro are bone dry through day 9.

Getting my engagement pictures taken that afternoon in Verona Park so I am hoping for some nice afternoon weather. I really don't see anything that would suggest cloudy or showery either. The GFS and Euro are bone dry through day 9.

upton's going showers Fri and Fri night for NYC.  I do agree though, models are trending drier so we may see this forecast dry out a bit.

-

Friday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. South wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Friday Night
Showers likely, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around 54. Southwest wind 7 to 14 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Euro is not bone dry. It has .10"-.25" from 2pm to 8pm Friday afternoon.

upton's going showers Fri and Fri night.  I do agree though, models are trending drier so we may see this forecast dry out a bit.

-

Friday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. South wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Friday Night
Showers likely, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around 54. Southwest wind 7 to 14 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Euro has rain. Not sure where he saw bone dry for Friday afternoon:

cz8OfLc.png

Archived