12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The Last Days Of Summer: September 2015 DISCUSSION/OBS

UnionWeatherWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GFS has a cutter that just dries up as it goes to our north and west this weekend and then there's a funny evolution of a coastal for next Tue-Wed low moves very slowly from well off the SE coast due north to near Hatteras then dissipates.   Could be fantasy IMO. 

How does 6-10" of rain sound over about 4-5 days?

That would finally end this horrid drought.

The Games Model Play.

12Z shows nothing but rain everyday starting 9/23 continuing to end of run.    5" worth!!!  as a matter of fact.   Yesterday it was bone dry over the essentially the same timeframe.    Que Pasa Aqui?

The Euro showed a similar pattern developing days 7-10 at 00z. Had to figure that one of the two model camps would cave to the other. 

Honestly it's a setup we would drool over in Winter. System drives into the block and reforms off the coast. Tons of overrunning followed by coastal. Main difference is that the initial energy comes from the South rather than the Southwest. It all stems from the closed low day 6.

What a flip these models have done. Lord knows we need the rain so this needs to occur. 5 inches plus wipes the drought out.

What a flip these models have done. Lord knows we need the rain so this needs to occur. 5 inches plus wipes the drought out.

I won't be greedy, give me a cut off low near Baltimore that stalls for a couple of days. Onshore flow off the warm waters will bring enough rain to make anyone happy.

I won't be greedy, give me a cut off low near Baltimore that stalls for a couple of days. Onshore flow off the warm waters will bring enough rain to make anyone happy.

That would do it, especially if we could get it over a couple days versus a 3 hour deluge that just runs off.

Up to 90 here.

Another warm one.  85 here. 

That would be patchy convection. What we need is a stall near the benchmark. It's not to early to start seeing CCB obviously it's rain but it would be a perfect area wide synoptic event. The kind that really soaks in.

By the way I went from -9" to -2" last week!!!

That would be patchy convection. What we need is a stall near the benchmark. It's not to early to start seeing CCB obviously it's rain but it would be a perfect area wide synoptic event. The kind that really soaks in.

We got some, but not enough, about 1.50 from both events.  Grass is already burning out again here with the low humidity and cloudless skies. 

We saw conveyor belt/deformation dynamics with last Thursday's system.

NYC  80 (+) days  76 of 81   (7/4: 75, 7/9: 79, 9/9: 79; 9/12: 79)

EWR 80 (+) days  78 of 81 (7/4: 79; 9/12: 79)

NYC TOP 5 80's streak

1. 62 (7/10-9/9/2015)

2. 59 (6/26-8/23/1944)

3. 41 (7/8-8/17/1943 and 7/4-8/13/2011)

4. 40 (6/20-7/29/1966)

EWR

1. 69 straight 80 (+) days  (7/5 - 9/11)

NYC 80 (+) Days 2015

April: 1
May: 18
Jun: 16
Jul: 29
Aug:  31 
Sep: 15

Top 5 for Central Park:

1. 108, 1944

2. 106, 1991

3. 104, 1959

4. 100, 1949 and 2005