joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 15-16 Discussion

griteater

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the North GA Mnts too? Does it show storminess (severe possibilities) or just lots of systems/rain for non-mountainous areas? Thanks

Well the pattern should be good enough....-epo/+pna perking up with trough in the southern plains sneaking east. Looks like shots of cold/precip, must be good for elevations.

Roller skating pandas are the best! I hope you get lots of sleet this year, sir!

CR, my fine sir, many thanks for the sleet greets!  The Brazilians have much to be famous for...waxes, wiggling dances, and wall to wall ice age level hard precip.  I'm all in :)  By the way, the Moles have a shrine dedicated to your famous Xmas call.  It's kind of spooky, so I thought you ought to know in case they show up all fan mole and such.

Mac.... I have record tiny acorns falling, and they have now for months, they are everywhere, like tiny marbles trying to trip the humans up, and nary a squirrel to eat them.  When the acorns pile up and the squirrels have fled to warmer climes, then the Brazilian comes into it's own!

I figured out how to make rings that taste like Varsity rings, but I've only managed it once, :)  The trick is soy sauce in the batter... I just couldn't get them crispy enough...so I don't think I'll be putting them out of business, lol. 

Michelle.....  Glad you are getting cold, but have you had enough rain?  I've been getting it all, I'm afraid though  I've seen the sun now for almost a week, and it's freaking me out.  I've grown used to the clouds....I need the clouds....I've seen folks with glittering skin when the sun's on them, and it's unsettling! 

By the way, I just checked one of my other remotes, and it says I got to 27 two nights ago, so I think it must have been freezing then, lol.  It's official here too!  T

JMA seasonal D/J...not to bad.

Sensible weather in that pattern would not be significantly colder than average for either December or January.  The hope is that a few Miller As get really going and tap what little cold air there is to the NW for the first 2 months of meteorological winter.  Is Feb out yet?

Sensible weather in that pattern would not be significantly colder than average for either December or January.  The hope is that a few Miller As get really going and tap what little cold air there is to the NW for the first 2 months of meteorological winter.  Is Feb out yet?

Yeah feb looks rockin'....J-F look to be the months, Dec backtracked at 850 and 500mb from the last run, as expected. This is setting up to be a pretty good Nino winter on the climate models...now lets see it verify.

Y201511.D1200.png

I would suspect that it would be below avg for the south/se but not overly.  You blend a 83/87 type deal you get something comparable and those were just below avg down here and snowy.  I really don't see how the -3F+ departures are going to verify for D-J temps in the southern plains and in the SE but we shall see.  I am sure we are going to get plenty of 35-40F rains but your area (mountains) will clean up (200%+) type winter.  If I had money that's what I would be betting on.

post-2311-0-05511300-1447773719_thumb.pn

post-2311-0-38728100-1447773737_thumb.pn

Yeah feb looks rockin'....J-F look to be the months, Dec backtracked at 850 and 500mb from the last run, as expected. This is setting up to be a pretty good Nino winter on the climate models...now lets see it verify.

I agree, at this point pretty much every seasonal (sans CFS) have the same general idea.  I don't recall this much agreement on the climate models before but maybe I just don't remember.  If we get some strat help then this could be really special for our area although I still think by end of Jan into Feb we get some solid blocking or atleast periods of it.

1987 was just about right here in the Carolinas, especially the mountains. A very nice amount of winter weather and no very cold air. This winter though is shaping up to potentially being a mix of 1982-83 and 2002-03 though. Not bad at all, but a little too much cold and dry weather than I would like to see. 

Wow that was pretty accurate. Atlanta got pretty much no snow last year. The far northern suburbs did, but Atlanta and the southern half of the metro did not.

no snow here last winter either.3 of the last 4 winters have been snowless. Back in the old days we used to always get at least a dusting every winter. In fact, up until 2006 I never recalled a winter where we didn't get at least some snow or ice. The last 10 winters have been awful, with the notable exception of a couple of winters.

GEFS goes nuts with the -EPO/+PNA into the first week of Dec.  Still looks active too.  Someone in the southern plains and on east will get some snow if this comes about the first week of Dec.

Next week looks solidly below normal here and then we warm up for a few days before another cold shot shot comes.

Nice spot for the pac low.

post-2311-0-62547600-1447782801_thumb.pn

Hey, that Dec 14 snow has a shot. Would be awesome since it's on my daughter's birthday. Seriously, I think we're on a good track for things to precede well as we enter December. I don't think snow around here in December is out of the question. Looks like we might have highs below 50 here already at the start of next week. 

GEFS goes nuts with the -EPO/+PNA into the first week of Dec.  Still looks active too.  Someone in the southern plains and on east will get some snow if this comes about the first week of Dec.

Next week looks solidly below normal here and then we warm up for a few days before another cold shot shot comes.

Can't recall seeing a map exactly like that.  Pac looks great, NAO looks awful.

If I ever needed a good old fashioned winter to occupy my mind it's this one. Cause college basketball ain't gonna be turning my cranks this season. Or put it this way my cranks will be turning in the wrong direction. Anyway all eyes are getting glued to the models, teleconnections. Go time (December 1st) is showing up way out in fantasy land on the models now. Should see at least one good sized synoptic snow storm this year with the stj firing on all cylindars. Get the pna to stay positive and eventually it'll time it right for us.

That's an awesome looking splitflow pattern. If a basin wide nino produces that pacific pattern this winter, it will be a very good winter. The NAO will cooperate in spurts. 

If I ever needed a good old fashioned winter to occupy my mind it's this one. Cause college basketball ain't gonna be turning my cranks this season. Or put it this way my cranks will be turning in the wrong direction. Anyway all eyes are getting glued to the models, teleconnections. Go time (December 1st) is showing up way out in fantasy land on the models now. Should see at least one good sized synoptic snow storm this year with the stj firing on all cylindars. Get the pna to stay positive and eventually it'll time it right for us.

Yep, the first was looking good for N Ala on the gfs yesterday, or the day before.  And some year it might actually snow in early Dec. again, so this might be the year :)  All it takes is cold, and water, and timing, lol.  T

Archived