Newest Member
    Toothache
August 2015 Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nose was going crazy today..came across this from Green Bay

"Dr.Steve Kagen of the Kagen Allergy Clinic says ragweed is now in the air in northeast Wisconsin, .and this is the earliest that he's seen that happen in 25 years. Kagen says the pollen can blow in from hundreds of miles away, and it's going to stick around for a while."

Great

Made it to 75° today. Lake breeze blew through and acted to raise the dewpoint. Felt sticky for awhile late this afternoon.

Pictures of my CO high country trip here > http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/46706-colorado-high-country/?p=3646229

Nice pics!  I loved Colorado when we went out about 10 years ago (drove)...

Question..do you get cell reception when you are up 12,000ft? 

Nose was going crazy today..came across this from Green Bay

"Dr.Steve Kagen of the Kagen Allergy Clinic says ragweed is now in the air in northeast Wisconsin, .and this is the earliest that he's seen that happen in 25 years. Kagen says the pollen can blow in from hundreds of miles away, and it's going to stick around for a while."

Great

Now I'm rooting for an early winter.

Nice pics!  I loved Colorado when we went out about 10 years ago (drove)...

Question..do you get cell reception when you are up 12,000ft? 

On most ridgelines, yes I did. That's where I took the opportunity to check the weather forecast. 

Didn't mind being cut off from civilization though! lol

Here it's been nice. Mid 70s, but a little humid with that marine flow. Sunset quickly approaching 8 pm now. Definitely noticing the shorter days now.

Edit: Ragweed has been bothering every day since I got back...

Oppressive heat in OK, AR, TX, LA today...with many places having heat indices of 108+.  When you see excessive heat warnings in that part of the country, you know it's hot.

The highest heat index readings I've seen so far are:

(1) Kingsville NAS, TX:  98/80/118

(2) Arkadelphia, AR:  103/74/115

(3) McAllen, TX:  103/73/114

light rain most of the day.  made it to 62 but down to 59 currently.  fog really starting to hug the tree line on the ridge here.

Sounds refreshing!

Just had a pretty good downpour here. 0.07" for the day.

Just 0.26" of precip since Jul 16 over 3 weeks ago.  Hard to believe after how insanely wet we were for quite awhile, but it's gotten pretty dry here lately.  Grass is getting a bit fried.  Not bad to see after mowing every 4 days for a few months lol.  If we would have had some actual heat the grass would probably be totally toasted, but this summer has no balls when it comes to heat.  Just like last summer.  Two summers in a row without legit heat means that we'll probably be roasting next summer.

Maybe not for your area, but for most of us who prefer typical Summer-like weather in the Summer months, the weather you described is pretty bad.

While I could handle bo's climate in a heartbeat, summers like the last several here are fine with me. It's only now that I'm starting to get that itch for all things Fall. In 2012 I was ready before mid July.

Archived