• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August 2015 Discussion

Hoosier

High of 79 today was perfect for a rack of ribs in the sun on the last day of Ribfest. Biked to the fest and the humidity was quite noticeable today, but still pleasant overall.

Working the harvest at the research station this week is going to be some hard work, but I'd always rather be outside than in when the weather's hot!

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to 87/70 here.  Sky has the smoky haze look to it again.  Far cry from the deep blue skies from last Monday.  

Corn crops around here have really started to fire the last week or so.  Many fields have very little green left in them already.  Soybeans are still a nice dark green though, and are probably still contributing to the evapotranspiration.  

Interesting tid bit from the updated ILN AFD.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON OH
408 PM EDT MON AUG 31 2015

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM TUESDAY MORNING/...
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY WILL DISSIPATE ACROSS
THE AREA THIS EVENING. A FEW OF THESE SHOWERS AND STORMS WILL BE
CAPABLE OF PRODUCING FUNNEL CLOUDS LATE THIS AFTERNOON INTO THE
EARLY EVENING HOURS. THIS TYPE OF FUNNEL CLOUD IS TYPICALLY SHORT
LIVED AND VERY RARELY TOUCH DOWN. THE ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS OF
THESE FUNNELS IS NOT SUPPORTIVE OF STRONG DAMAGING TORNADOES. ON
THE RARE OCCASION THAT THESE FUNNELS DO TOUCH THE
GROUND...LITTLE...IF ANY DAMAGE OCCURS.

WITH THE UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE NEAR THE AREA SOME CLOUD COVER
WILL LINGER THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT HOURS. WENT CLOSE TO GUIDANCE
FOR LOW TEMPERATURES WITH LOWS IN THE MIDDLE TO UPPER 60S.

made it to 85 today.  felt hot and  humid out.

pretty rare heat wave for UP standards....

MQT:

Based off observations and forecast temperatures, the high temperature should reach at least 80°F at NWS Marquette for seven consecutive days (8/30 - 9/5). This would be the longest stretch in two years, and a tie for the longest stretch in nine years.

Sun disappeared prematurely due to the smoke in the sky. Could really tell those smoke particulate were acting to block out a significant amount of rays after 6pm. Couple people I ran into asked why the sky looked like it did. I was like it's because of fires, but there not local!

High of 78° today.

Well summer ends in about 2 hours. Officially here the summer was -2.46° from normal. August was -1.76° from normal. 

-2.60° June

-3.03° July

-1.76° August

Highest temperature: 91°, lowest: 38°

Rainfall:

4.69" June

4.05" July

4.59" August

Total: 13.33"

Days in the...

50s: 1

60s: 18

70s: 40

80s: 32

90s: 1

Kind of glad to see August go from a weather enthusiast perspective.  Normally it's a pretty benign month with stagnant patterns and little excitement.  Sept is a fairly benign month as well, but at least it's the start of met fall and we get some frosty mornings later in the month.  And of course football begins.

Agree...September is one of the more exciting "met boring" months. Yes, my son was looking at the sun yesterday evening asking why he could look at it for so long...I recommended he didn't stare too long, then explained the smoke thing to him. It was a pretty cool sunset, although it's derivative is via a crappy circumstance.

Agree...September is one of the more exciting "met boring" months. Yes, my son was looking at the sun yesterday evening asking why he could look at it for so long...I recommended he didn't stare too long, then explained the smoke thing to him. It was a pretty cool sunset, although it's derivative is via a crappy circumstance.

Wouldn't it be it's integral that was a crappy circumstance since the some derived from the fire and therefore the fire is the integral?

Wouldn't it be it's integral that was a crappy circumstance since the some derived from the fire and therefore the fire is the integral?

The circumstance that was crappy was having the smoke around all day...the fire itself could have been a productive one for new growth? I did not research beyond what my eyes saw in the sky...

The circumstance that was crappy was having the smoke around all day...the fire itself could have been a productive one for new growth? I did not research beyond what my eyes saw in the sky...

Ah ok, I thought you were talking about the fires the smoke came from.

Archived