joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Dog Days of Summer: August 2015 Discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, weather isn't an exact science and particular model bias vs pattern makes a huge difference.

We are never going to get a level of perfection out of the models that is going to make everyone happy.

But compared to all the misses that I regularly experienced during the 1970's and 1980's, we are light

years ahead of then. The forecasters in those days really had a challenge even putting together a

forecast under 72 hrs with the poor quality of the guidance. I got to see the old model charts on the

difax in the 1980's and they weren't pretty.

sref mean is south. at this rate dc might not get much

The 12z NAM is a little bit better but it does look like this one is going to end up being a lost cause. Just hope we don't end up showery and cloudy for most of the weekend. Either bring the flooding rains or the sunshine. 

I support whatever is in the best interest of getting the big storm early next week and if that means sacrificing this one to the gods, then so be it.

The 12z NAM is a little bit better but it does look like this one is going to end up being a lost cause. Just hope we don't end up showery and cloudy for most of the weekend. Either bring the flooding rains or the sunshine. 

I support whatever is in the best interest of getting the big storm early next week and if that means sacrificing this one to the gods, then so be it.

doubt we even see a shower from this POS

Anything that brings clouds and below average temps.

The drought conditions across Long Island into CT will eventually end.

We just need one storm to really overperform with follow up storms

in its wake to begin turning the tide.

attachicon.gif90dPDeptNRCC.png

think August 2002.   Bone dry and torrid.   Hit Labor Day and it was noreaster after noreaster that didn't stop til the next spring....let's hope.

Euro still locked and loaded for next week although the low develops a little further North so we dry slot a little faster. 

It still shows 2-3" of rain.

The main difference appears to be that it doesn't close off the 500mb low as quickly or quite as far South. 

The system would have quite a tropical feel as dew points surge into the low-mid 70's as far North as Boston by Tuesday afternoon.

Archived