joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Dog Days of Summer: August 2015 Discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro and ensembles are showing the heat ridge building over the Rockies and Plains

next week. The more conservative ensemble mean is hinting that we could see 90

degrees or higher reach our area as the 16C 850 T ensemble line gets close day 8-10.

6 GFS 7 day precip total.

Outstanding weather looks to continue with not much rain.

We'll probably have a shot at convection with the passage of the warm and cold front on Tuesday.

But aerial coverage with convection is tough to pin down too far in advance.

Well so much for a cool, stormy August. It looks like it'll end up above normal.

Agree.  If miss the storm early next week we're going to get to 8/15 or so with very little rainfall. Typhoon going straight west into Taiwan also teleconnects to an eastern ridge down the road.

The 12z GFS gets around 2500 J/KG of SBCAPE into NE PA on Tuesday afternoon. If we could get this to dig a bit further Southeast like some previous runs had we could have a big convection day. There is also a pocket of stronger winds aloft just to our North and Northwest. If me miss out this is going to be a real shame as things look to quiet down for awhile.

Cooldown

8/6:

NYC: 83/67 (-1)

EWR: 85/66 (-1)

LGA: 82/70 (-1)

JFK: 86/69 (+2)

TTN: 85/60 (-2)

PHL: 85/68 (-1)

8/7: (so far)

NYC: 84/69 (+1)

EWR: 84/67 (-1)

LGA: 82/69 (-1)

JFK: 86/69 (+2)

TTN: 85/65 (+0)

PHL: 87/69 (+0)

It's a surface low pressure in response to the strong shortwave rounding the base of the negatively tilted trough.

namconus_z500_vort_eus_29.png

You can see here how it has closed off a mid-level center

namconus_z700_vort_eus_28.png

The graphics I posted before is the 12k NAM, not even the high res.

If that's the case it should look more synoptic. But i can see the response to the shortwave

If that's the case it should look more synoptic. But i can see the response to the shortwave

There is definitely convection involved here but it's an organized system. One of the reasons why this has so much potential to really dump. Winds could be quite gusty as well. PWAT's exceed 2" on the 00z NAM with dew points near 70. Wish this would just dig a bit more and close off over SNJ or DE.

There is definitely convection involved here but it's an organized system. One of the reasons why this has so much potential to really dump. Winds could be quite gusty as well. PWAT's exceed 2" on the 00z NAM with dew points near 70. Wish this would just dig a bit more and close off over SNJ or DE.

I see. This looks more a potential than the last one but I don't want to get my hopes up. This could turn out being more of a tstm event which I hope its widespread

Archived