Newest Member
    joxey
The Dog Days of Summer: August 2015 Discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

12z NAM is about 50 miles further North so far.

Honestly the models probably shifted too far South yesterday. The final answer is probably closer to what the 8/4 00z EPS mean had which was some rain for the area while the heaviest went over SNJ and then Eastern New England.

Rain up to Trenton by early Friday morning. 06z had the rain confined to the Delmarva at the same period.

It looks like the disturbance coming through the GL will act as a kicker and keep the 

Friday storm to our south. It will be up to the storm next week to try and finally deliver

some rains for the Long Island drought area. But the heaviest rains passing south

or west of long Island has been the pattern since the spring.

attachicon.gif90dPDeptNRCC.png

About 2 " below normal here for that period.

Getting ready for winter I see. We could use some good rains though.

I am excited for Winter and getting back to tracking. 

My feelings are that with the current El Nino situation things are going to end up warmer and wetter than average which is going to cause a lot of bickering and whining. Especially if the interior ends up doing consistently better than the coast.

It's nice to frame the situation as a prelude to winter but August and December is not a very good comparison. The wavelengths are completely different. This upcoming system is more like a Mesoscale Convective Vortex. The forecast for Friday is 81/69 with heavy rain down here.

LOL I don't think anyone is trying to compare this to a Winter system but we do have some phasing and a deepening surface low pressure system which are both rare this time of year. The beginning of Noreaster season is still about 10 weeks away.

LOL I don't think anyone is trying to compare this to a Winter system but we do have some phasing and a deepening surface low pressure system which are both rare this time of year. The beginning of Noreaster season is still about 10 weeks away.

Latest Euro looks like a big hit. (in-relation to 0z)

Archived