• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July Pattern and Disco- Shut Up and Dew With Me

Damage In Tolland

or 90 when the rest of the state is mid 80s?

Mid to upper 80s when I was referring to this area that has been in the U80s and lower 90s? Jesus, bash coastalwx today I guess. I never said western or central areas would be near 90. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Even parts of CT made U80s to near 90. The point of the whole thing, was that model srfc temps were too cool overall.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mid to upper 80s when I was referring to this area that has been in the U80s and lower 90s? Jesus, bash coastalwx today I guess. I never said western or central areas would be near 90. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Even parts of CT made U80s to near 90. The point of the whole thing, was that model srfc temps were too cool overall.

Lol just bustin, its the slow season after all, we bored

The funny thing is that local mets run with it. I mean those amounts were quite the anomaly.

Well bigger is always better.

We have this weird thing up here now about straight line winds versus micro/macrobursts. To me the only differentiation is that micro/macrobursts are isolated severe whereas straight line wind damage is usually describing a long-lived severe threat and organized convection

That severe event two Sundays ago, everyone wanted to know if we had any microbursts. I mean we had trees down everywhere from well organized supercells and bows, it was "just" severe thunderstorm winds. It doesn't need a special name.

Well bigger is always better.

We have this weird thing up here now about straight line winds versus micro/macrobursts. To me the only differentiation is that micro/macrobursts are isolated severe whereas straight line wind damage is usually describing a long-lived severe threat and organized convection

That severe event two Sundays ago, everyone wanted to know if we had any microbursts. I mean we had trees down everywhere from well organized supercells and bows, it was "just" severe thunderstorm winds. It doesn't need a special name.

Chris how long was BDL at 90 degrees today, is there a minute by minute link to ASOS

$100k taxpayer funded equipment and all we get is 1 regularly scheduled ob every hour.

Yet we get thousands of home stations every minute.

Kinda maddening.

BDL might have been the only station in CT to get to 90 today from all I checked, now that is maddening as all the news stations are calling this the first official heat wave of the summer, not for the rest who live off the Tarmac, and just guessing here but when it hit 90 it was extremely brief.

BDL might have been the only station in CT to get to 90 today from all I checked, now that is maddening as all the news stations are calling this the first official heat wave of the summer, not for the rest who live off the Tarmac, and just guessing here but when it hit 90 it was extremely brief.

It had to of been.  The squall line was just west of it at the 4PM ob.  That's a cheap heat wave in my mind.

They are ravenous. We had a couple calls tonight asking the official definition. I mean PWM barely averages over 3 days in a calendar year.

Such is life though, we call blizzards so because a site or two reaches criteria when the vast majority of the population away from the Tarmac and coast never see anything close to it.

HFD and MMK had one a week back but we didn't call it "official" so it cuts both ways.

The definition is sort of silly anyway. HI values were worse today even though many areas didn't reach 90 since it was so darn humid.

I don't think he has had 5 total 90F+ days in the past 3 years combined. Same for MPM.

They must be shaded or something as the lapse rates are always very steep haha. For those guys to hit 90F at 1,000ft, it seems like it's gotta be upper 90s to 100F in the hot spots near sea level.

They strike me as having properties that would have an easier time seeing high temps prior to full green up. Like 80s in a late April or early May hot spell, but then struggles to get much hotter than that all warm season once the leaves come out.

I find due to lots of forest and shade my hood is always cooler than exposed areas. Great benefit.

That's certainly true around me.

They must be shaded or something as the lapse rates are always very steep haha. For those guys to hit 90F at 1,000ft, it seems like it's gotta be upper 90s to 100F in the hot spots near sea level.

They strike me as having properties that would have an easier time seeing high temps prior to full green up. Like 80s in a late April or early May hot spell, but then struggles to get much hotter than that all warm season once the leaves come out.

I know that for me topography also plays a role in that I have a hill to my west and a lot of times my yard is shaded by 4PM in the summer so its never baking in the sun as long as a station that is fully open all day so I avoid those late day maxes.  That's representative of my area so it's not like the temperatures are unrealistic.  Like Ginx said, we have homes surrounded by forest and the forest is cooler than larger open areas where we don't live.

That's certainly true around me.

I know that for me topography also plays a role in that I have a hill to my west and a lot of times my yard is shaded by 4PM in the summer so its never baking in the sun as long as a station that is fully open all day so I avoid those late day maxes. That's representative of my area so it's not like the temperatures are unrealistic. Like Ginx said, we have homes surrounded by forest and the forest is cooler than larger open areas where we don't live.

My particular location on the west side of a hill with another hill to my west makes for later morning sun and earlier loss in the afternoon. Always surprises me coming out of the valley how early it gets dark.

Psst.....you closed the July book a day too early.

I take my daily max/min ob every AM between 6:30 and 7AM.  The values are recorded on that day so being the 31st, today is the last ob for the month.  Most coop stations do it that way (7a-7a) and since I started that way I still do it that way.  That means that any comparison I do to past years is the same.

Archived