amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
July Pattern and Disco- Shut Up and Dew With Me

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ORH failed at 90F again. High of 88. I wonder if that was the best shot this summer. Tomorrow doesn't seem like it will be warmer. Can't rule it out though.

Impressive lapse rates between their high at ORH and some of the surrounding low elevation ASOS.

Even the picnic tables hit 78F at 4kft and tied a record high...and with the usual 5F per 1,000ft puts MVL right in line with 93F or so for a high at 750ft.

Did you guys have cooler H85 air down there? I would think anything upper 70s at 4,000ft would translate to 90+ even at 1,000ft.

ORH failed at 90F again. High of 88. I wonder if that was the best shot this summer. Tomorrow doesn't seem like it will be warmer. Can't rule it out though.

Wow, it's hard to hit 90F there. The elevation of the airport and proximity to the cool ocean are like a double whammy. I'm sure the downtown at 500' did hit low 90s though, where the majority of people live.

Up to four 90-degree days here in Westchester, all in July. HPN/White Plains hit at least 91F today, perhaps higher. At 400' elevation in a rural part of Westchester, it's much harder for them to hit 90F than the major NYC sites. But it was brutal today.

Archived