e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
July Pattern and Disco- Shut Up and Dew With Me

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe All of those hill towns listed there will hit 90 at least once.

Could be close on a couple of days but we'll see how things break.

Next week is make or break for the month to wind up above normal here.  Currently siting at 1.2° below the long term normal here and #9 coolest July since 1985.  I still say we wind up below normal.

They're pretty hot for a couple of days this far out. It's nothing epic or record breaking, but probably the hottest of the season for most spots.

It's a far cry from this...

attachicon.gifeurohot850s.png

Agreed - 

although, the 00z GFSX MOS product put up a 94 at FIT for D6 ...way out ahead of CLIMO and 11 or 12 above, which is a helluva lot of normalization to overcome to still go that hefty.  

Code for a pattern supportive of upper 90's ... Trouble is, I can't find GFSX synoptic charts. I've asked on this board numerous times but no one even responds... 

Maybe they don't exist for the public -- 

anyway, the Euro has a pretty classic looking Plateau/Sonoran release that goes up to Lake Superior/W. Ontario and then descends from a ML NW trajectory, which is bona fide firecracker heat for New England - it's how we get our hottest temperatures.  Granted, we are talking D6 here so modification can and likely will happen, but sufficed it is to say ...if that stays, could be one super spike in the longer term graphical layout of diurnal realizations to put it nicely...

Probably be something like ... 91, 101, 89 (broken up by convection) if employing the giant ballz rip and read - 

For now, and based upon seasonal results?  I'm going to go with the realization engineering any way physically imaginable to off-set the larger physical picture and assume something less than triple digits...  

Heh, ... almost not surprising ... the 12z Euro backed off the length and amplitude of heat by a couple/several ticks... 

The model's been doing this for days, actually ... sloshing madly between 00z and 12z, where the former is quite a bit hotter and has sustained a bit more 'heat dome-like' ridging than the 12z versions; which are always a bit more transiently brief with all features contributing to the heat.  

The GFS' has also sloshed, but not as regularly per run.  It seems to go on these benders one way or the other that last several cycles before yo-yoing.  

Heh, ... almost not surprising ... the 12z Euro backed off the length and amplitude of heat by a couple/several ticks... 

The model's been doing this for days, actually ... sloshing madly between 00z and 12z, where the former is quite a bit hotter and has sustained a bit more 'heat dome-like' ridging than the 12z versions; which are always a bit more transiently brief with all features contributing to the heat.  

The GFS' has also sloshed, but not as regularly per run.  It seems to go on these benders one way or the other that last several cycles before yo-yoing.  

The trend this summer has been for the ridges to keep retrograding back into the SW US as we get closer. They haven't been overly strong there either as unseasonal troughiness has intruded into SCal from time to time.

The trend this summer has been for the ridges to keep retrograding back into the SW US as we get closer. They haven't been overly strong there either as unseasonal troughiness has intruded into SCal from time to time.

Exactly!  Remarkable how consistent that has been --

and it's almost been a dependable model correction:  D8 20+C dragon fart and 590 Heights to ALB, ...collapsing down to Georgia by D3/4.  

It'll be a wonder if one actually makes it this time.  

I just I don't know I think we're in a semi-CLIMATE mode, and these tend to last a couple of years at a pop before changing.  The 3-5 years stints...   We had one in the mid 2000s ...in that '04 - 8 or 9 range. Then we went balls warm for years... It all seems to end in the summer of 2013 and it's been finding the coolest realization relative to a modeling appeal like that, as least excuse imaginable, ever since.  

These periods make the chapters in a 30 -year, it seems.  Now, we cool...    Doesn't mean we can't be hot - per se - from time to time, but I bet it isnt' the longer term verification trend. 

At least for the time being. 

Exactly!  Remarkable how consistent that has been --

and it's almost been a dependable model correction:  D8 20+C dragon fart and 590 Heights to ALB, ...collapsing down to Georgia by D3/4.  

It'll be a wonder if one actually makes it this time.  

I just I don't know I think we're in a semi-CLIMATE mode, and these tend to last a couple of years at a pop before changing.  The 3-5 years stints...   We had one in the mid 2000s ...in that '04 - 8 or 9 range. Then we went balls warm for years... It all seems to end in the summer of 2013 and it's been finding the coolest realization relative to a modeling appeal like that, as least excuse imaginable, ever since.  

These periods make the chapters in a 30 -year, it seems.  Now, we cool...    Doesn't mean we can't be hot - per se - from time to time, but I bet it isnt' the longer term verification trend. 

At least for the time being. 

I think it will do better than the previous ones. This one seems to have a bit better support, though we're still 5-6 days out. We'll probably grab our hottest day of the year out of this one (though that isn't saying much this summer) if I had to guess right now.  

This run is still pretty damn hot...not really worth nitpicking at d5-7. Still some 20-21C 850s.

I dunno dude... Ur right - it's day 6/7, and sure it does have some still, but it doesn't come along with the same panache as it depicted in the prior cycles. 

And the periodicity of more than less"character" of the warm-up has been oscillatory in the model.   

That, combined with seasonal trend... I just wouldn't get to excited just yet for those jones for a summer heat wave. It seems noteworthy enough that trend alone questions those hotter looks.

We'll see..   12z GFSX MOS is still bangin' away with 93F for KFIT next Wednesday, a solid 5 days out into the murky realm of normalization.  

I dunno dude... Ur right - it's day 6/7, and sure it does have some still, but it doesn't come along with the same panache as it depicted in the prior cycles. 

And the periodicity of more than less"character" of the warm-up has been oscillatory in the model.   

That, combined with seasonal trend... I just wouldn't get to excited just yet for those jones for a summer heat wave. It seems noteworthy enough that trend alone questions those hotter looks.

We'll see..   12z GFSX MOS is still bangin' away with 93F for KFIT next Wednesday, a solid 5 days out into the murky realm of normalization.  

The 12z GFS is pretty hot on Thu afternoon too. We'll see.

post-3-0-41108600-1437770874_thumb.gif

Pretty weenieish 2m temps at d6 too.

yea if you are looking for upper 90s

Too early to analyze it that much. It looks like the hottest of the season right now though like Will said...not that it would take that much since even the torch spots have barely gotten above 90F this warm season.

It's a little under a week away so I'm sure something will muck it up.

Too early to analyze it that much. It looks like the hottest of the season right now though like Will said...not that it would take that much since even the torch spots have barely gotten above 90F this warm season.

:)  not to be a jerk but as Will was just saying... oh, right - you said that. 

haha, what would it take to be the "hottest of the season" is this candy azz woos bag waste of time summer -

just saying, it is tepid compared to the southern Ohio valley as it moves east it drops 3-4 degrees C, so we end up with a couple of days with the normal hot spots low 90s, not some furnace for 3-5 days as portrayed. something to watch the next couple of days. the pattern this year has been lots of pimping 5-7 day lead heat waves and severe threats only to tamper them out. 

Archived