• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June gloom or glory? Pattern discussion moving into the first month of met summer

weathafella

I never said that. I said they were calling for AN summer which it appears we are heading towards away from the water. that doesn't have to mean heat dome..Just mostly a slightly AN pattern which is what we are currently in..   The cold rainy days blow...and I don't think anyone wants them. Thankfully none seem to be in our immediate future. I have a hard time believing these ideas that we don't see any humid days with storms this summer.

we are below normal so far this "summer"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah not sure where people are coming from with this....I don't think people want two crappy cold rainy days every week and then a few beautiful days...I think most people would sacrifice that pattern for HHH and a few extra rolls of TP. 

As Wiz said a week ago or so, summer appears to be delayed...perhaps later in July and August is when real summer kicks-in, similar to this past Winter in that we had no snow for the early winter months....then real winter showed up abruptly and with force. 

you have to first find someone who said 50s

Even the NAO tries to go negative...that hasn't happened in so long.

As far as the forcing goes, it looks like it shifts into the EPAC again which forces ridging in the west and deeper troughing in the east. A risk to the warmer side could happen if we get troughing in the SW US again. 

Because of 2 days to start the month..Since then it's been warm

Check back Sunday afternoon and let's see where we are. 

we had 7 days in a row below normal in fact the coldest start to June on records in several towns, records spanning over 100 years, what you talking bout willis

If his pattern is right.. it's nothing but cold rainers and no storms. Great summer weather.

If his pattern is right its climo normal, nothing at all wrong with that. Seasons being seasons, you rushed summer this year based on a warn May, it will get hot in July and maybe August but climo is a b**ch.

If his pattern is right its climo normal, nothing at all wrong with that. Seasons being seasons, you rushed summer this year based on a warn May, it will get hot in July and maybe August but climo is a b**ch.

He's an extremist in everything he posts...if anyone posts were not getting hot weather, then he builds this strawman that it means people are calling for 50s and rain.

Back in the reality that the rest of us live in, it's a lot of nice days in the 70s (and some low 80s) with low dewpoints...and maybe one uglier rainy day every once in a while with temps in the 60s.

He's an extremist in everything he posts...if anyone posts were not getting hot weather, then he builds this strawman that it means people are calling for 50s and rain.

Back in the reality that the rest of us live in, it's a lot of nice days in the 70s (and some low 80s) with low dewpoints...and maybe one uglier rainy day every once in a while with temps in the 60s.

Exactky.. Thank you.. No summery wx. Where are the storms and heat and dews we typically see every summer? Cold NE rainers are not normally part of summer

It's a comfortable pattern for working and I have enjoyed coaching and playing sports with temps in the 70's and 80's. The trade-off is the lack of severe and if we can manage to maintain this pattern as the summer unfolds I believe climo will start catching up and we see some better setups for storms. It's a small window for severe here most of the time anyways and some years it just doesn't happen.

Exactky.. Thank you.. No summery wx. Where are the storms and heat and dews we typically see every summer? Cold NE rainers are not normally part of summer

New Ace of Base version of Cruel Cruel summer written for you?

Cool summer streets and the pavements aren't burning I sit around

Trying to smile, but the air is so clear and dry

Strange voices are saying (Ah, what did they say?)

Things I can't understand

It's too close for comfort, this lack of heat has got right out of hand

It's a cruel, cruel summer

I basically recited climo for mid/late June.

It's not our fault you think CT summer climo is supposed to be DCA and winter climo is supposed to be CYQB.

I basically recited climo for mid/late June.

It's not our fault you think CT summer climo is supposed to be DCA and winter climo is supposed to be CYQB.

Those who love some scorching hot summer weather - you're out of luck for a while. Not seeing any through the end of June in New England.

Sorry. Meant July...not June. 07/26/01-07/29/01 was that really cold stretch (at least min wise)

The cool air arrived a bit later here, as the low for 7/26/2001 was 55, probably right at my 9 PM obs time.  The next 4 days had minima 40, 39, 43, 46.  My coolest July morning was 7/3/2007 at 37. In 2000 July featured lows of 38 and 39, and 2002 recorded a 39.  I've also had 6 days right at 40 during July.  Since 2007, the coolest has been 42.

Archived