• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June gloom or glory? Pattern discussion moving into the first month of met summer

weathafella

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-3.3F. They'll be below I think. This pattern just seems like lows and convection passing SW of us with cooler N flow in its wake. It will offer some warm days though. June has been great for the yard.

I still think Bill ends up passing NW of us around periphery of SE ridge. Or right over us anyway..So instead of all day rain Sunday we see warm front, dews, and pm storms/downpours

I still think Bill ends up passing NW of us around periphery of SE ridge. Or right over us anyway..So instead of all day rain Sunday we see warm front, dews, and pm storms/downpours

ECM op is a father's day washout for NYC & BOS, but EPS says hold on a sec and sends Bill up the St. Lawrence. #hope

I feel like the more classic correlations have not worked out at times lately.  The west still is warm, but pretty interesting to see the south so warm too. I was arguing against the soil moisture fetish people. Sure it may bring down temps for a time, but get some good srn Plains sun to cook that soil, and the soil won't stay that moist for long, if we do get 500mb ridging.

I've noticed this with increased frequency over the course of the last 10 to 15 years, actually...   

I have an idea why that is - 

Yeah it looks like the models want to do a Tip Sonoran heat Release into the middle of the country and then it gets crunched south as it tries to head east...so we miss out but the southeast gets it.

This is precisely true, Will --

I took a look at that and thought that's a helluva heat release that summarily dives a-NINO characteristically straight SE.  

Interesting...  

Because I post what the ensembles show? Why?

Because you're not.

The new (and degraded) version of the KFS is the TFS. Twitter Forecast System. Meteotrade posted about yesterday's 12z Euro Ensembles and that's what you're basing this off of. However, the 00z Euro ensembles came out and showed a pretty big soaker for SNE on Sunday as everything trended south toward yesterday's op run. Since no one tweeted about the overnight ensembles you're left to post about outdated information. 

Because you're not.

The new (and degraded) version of the KFS is the TFS. Twitter Forecast System. Meteotrade posted about yesterday's 12z Euro Ensembles and that's what you're basing this off of. However, the 00z Euro ensembles came out and showed a pretty big soaker for SNE on Sunday as everything trended south toward yesterday's op run. Since no one tweeted about the overnight ensembles you're left to post about outdated information. 

Dew you feel like I dew? wow what a day

Because you're not.

So just to get it out for public consumption..are you calling for a washout for Father's Day?

This has been one of the most remarkably beautiful stretches of weather this time of year I can remember. Just awesome. 

When you have like 20 top ten days you know its been great. halfway point.  If I was a HHH lover I'd be in the SE, but yea no thanks. I will take fresh clean polar air with temps near 80 all day every day in the summer. Makes everyone happy and work easier, get your tan on.

Bos -3.4

Pvd -1.8

BDR -1.0

ORH -0.6

BDL -0.2

Archived