• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer 2015 General Thunderstorm Thread

powderfreak

An hour ago... it was 87/68 here.  Then, whoosh!   That south coast contamination spread all the way to Rt poop..  Temps dumped into the mid 70s and just like magic, convection went POOF

gone.

Tough to get SBCAPE dependent severe or even standard action E of a VT/NYC line in SNE, on a SSW wind.  Almost impossible. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rain kinda sucks... struggling to crack 1"/hr rates with just a couple heavier bursts.  Still, have managed .61" total so far.

Sometimes you get these clusters of close strikes that last a few minutes when these pulse up it seems. We had one in Newburyport back on July 4th a few years ago, and it went nuts with CGs. Like, War of the Worlds stuff.

Today doesn't look like anything more than scattered stuff. RPM only has some hit or miss storms from mid afternoon in Ct to late afternoon out east..Some get quick downpour that runs off..others get nothing

Well, if you can be one of the 'hits', you won't need to b**ch about your lawn needing water.  In the end, that's really what matters in New England dry spells.

Good luck.  :)  :raining:

Quick moving downpours don't help lawns or do anything except run off..especially when ground is so dry

It doesn't all run off.  Certainly in any relatively level lawn areas, that water's going to get in.   And, if that's what I'm going to get, I'll take it.  It looks extra good this morning in reaction to last night.

Today doesn't look like anything more than scattered stuff. RPM only has some hit or miss storms from mid afternoon in Ct to late afternoon out east..Some get quick downpour that runs off..others get nothing

If this post is ct central then I agree. Some mesos saying linear ne ma to kittery including se nh

Archived