• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Widespread 1-3" rainfall yesterday across the eastern half of VT...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I was curious to see where things were at for the month after the most recent rains yesterday, and we just passed the 5” mark.  That’s already ahead of average for July at our location.  For the calendar year thus far we’re at 30.57”, which is only about an inch behind where average pace would put things at the end of July.  So it won’t take too much liquid during the rest of the month to get ahead of average pace for the year.

It was so hot, I only played golf twice. The first time I foolishly went at noon. The first 9 or 10 holes were ok but I really faded as the back 9 wore on. Even with a cart, the south Georgia sun whooped my ass.

Not a very pleasant time to be in the south this time of year, The only times i have been down there is in July, SC, FL and TX, On 3 different years, Could not be at those locals at a worse time, Hated it, HHH all the time

Not a very pleasant time to be in the south this time of year, The only times i have been down there is in July, SC, FL and TX, On 3 different years, Could not be at those locals at a worse time, Hated it, HHH all the time

Yea, with the parents living back in GA and a grandchild in school up here, summer is the most convenient time to go. We did spend 4 days at the beach in Panama City so it wasn't all unbearable. But, get a quarter me inland and it was right back to brutal.

Yea, with the parents living back in GA and a grandchild in school up here, summer is the most convenient time to go. We did spend 4 days at the beach in Panama City so it wasn't all unbearable. But, get a quarter me inland and it was right back to brutal.

I guess you could adjust if you lived down there year round, But glad i live up here really

Those photos are sick dude...clouds are just perfect height for good shadows.  Love those mountain cumulus clouds from orographics...your panoramic pic at the top shows it nicely.  There's more Cu development right over the axis of mountains than on the right or left sides of the photo.  That last photo is sweet.

This warm season is still relatively young, but the month for when the peak temp for the year has occurred has infrequently been in July over the past 10 years...

2006: 92.5 (Aug)

2007: 91.9 (Aug)

2008: 92.8 (Jun)

2009: 89.8 (Apr)

2010: 93.4 (Jul)

2011: 94.5 (Jul)

2012: 91.8 (Jun)

2013: 91.2 (Jun)

2014: 89.7 (Jul)

2015: 87.4 (May)

Only 3 of 10 have been July. We should bust that 87.4F this upcoming week so maybe we'll make it 4/10.  I always lol at that 2009 too.

Those photos are sick dude...clouds are just perfect height for good shadows.  Love those mountain cumulus clouds from orographics...your panoramic pic at the top shows it nicely.  There's more Cu development right over the axis of mountains than on the right or left sides of the photo.  That last photo is sweet.

Thank you and yeah the pano is my favorite because of that.

Yessah! Have done a lot, most notably the Presidential Traverse last weekend and an overnight up at Cutler Coast. Katahdin is in three weeks .. I should post some pics so it isn't so VT-centric in here ;)

I hiked Katahdin with my dad when I was 12...it took from 8am to 9pm since we had to hike in 3.3 miles to the base camp. If you can stay up there it's much easier. The Knife Edge is epic and beautiful if a little frightening. Baxter has a ton of wildlife as it's so well protected. I saw a moose up there.

I did a lot of hiking when I was real young. I did Mt. Washington via Tuckerman when I was 6, Mt. Washington via the much more strenuous Huntington when I was 11, Katahdin at 12, Mansfield at 16, then Washington again at 17...the last major hike my dad and I did as he started to get older and out of shape by the time I hit college.

He and I did do a spectacular 4-day backcountry canoe trip in the Adirondacks when I was 21. We have had a lot of great experiences outdoors.

I hiked Katahdin with my dad when I was 12...it took from 8am to 9pm since we had to hike in 3.3 miles to the base camp. If you can stay up there it's much easier. The Knife Edge is epic and beautiful if a little frightening. Baxter has a ton of wildlife as it's so well protected. I saw a moose up there.

I did a lot of hiking when I was real young. I did Mt. Washington via Tuckerman when I was 6, Mt. Washington via the much more strenuous Huntington when I was 11, Katahdin at 12, Mansfield at 16, then Washington again at 17...the last major hike my dad and I did as he started to get older and out of shape by the time I hit college.

He and I did do a spectacular 4-day backcountry canoe trip in the Adirondacks when I was 21. We have had a lot of great experiences outdoors.

Good stuff ^^^ We have two nights reservations at Roaring Brook .. Knife Edge or bust :)

Archived