Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

models now only brush the carolinas with the subtropical low as it sharply recurves out to sea

Funny, the 00z Euro actually has some rain for the area associated with that system. Granted it's not much but it's something.

Actually upon further review, none of the globals recurve the TC out to sea, they all rain it out over the Carolinas. Terrible post.

f120.gif

Those models are useless until the system actually forms.

with a big ridge over us until that cold front gets here next Tue/Wed, I don't see how we see any moisture.  Other than some back door issues Sat (especially for eastern sections) looks warm and dry through next Tue IMO

with a big ridge over us until that cold front gets here next Tue/Wed, I don't see how we see any moisture.  Other than some back door issues Sat (especially for eastern sections) looks warm and dry through next Tue IMO

I'm not talking about a rainy solution for this area. You said that the models rapidly recurve this system OTS and that's not true. None of the globals do this. All of the Globals give the Carolina coast at least 1-3" of rain with 5"+ amounts less than 100 miles offshore.

I'm not talking about a rainy solution for this area. You said that the models rapidly recurve this system OTS and that's not true. None of the globals do this. All of the Globals give the Carolina coast at least 1-3" of rain with 5"+ amounts less than 100 miles offshore.

I'm on board with that.

If we can extend the dry streak beyond mid month, then we have a shot at a beautiful

over 2 temperature departure under 2 inches of rain May.

Over 2 under 2 Mays in NYC since 1950

2007....+2.7....1.88

1993....+3.0....1.56

1986....+3.5....1.68

1977....+2.7....1.71

1965....+4.0....1.58

1964....+3.0....0.57

1959....+4.5....1.33

I remember tracking the weather in May 1964 and 1965...both summers were on the cool side with the hottest part from late June to late July...record cold in August...both years had 90 degree heat two days late in May...the drought in 1965 was way worse than what we have today...It was as bad as California's drought going on now......

I just think that the models are underestimating the amount of light rain or showers that will be coming North with a stalled out decaying TC over the Mid-Atlantic. While I don't expect pouring rain, I don't expect crystal clear blue skies either.

it will barely be much of anything if it makes it to our latitude

I remember tracking the weather in May 1964 and 1965...both summers were on the cool side with the hottest part from late June to late July...record cold in August...both years had 90 degree heat two days late in May...the drought in 1965 was way worse than what we have today...It was as bad as California's drought going on now......

I can still remember the famous mid July heatwave in 1977 with the blackout. Outside of that memorable 9 day 

heatwave the summer was very comfortable.

NYC

June ......1977...-1.4

July  .......1977...+2.4...7/13-7/21....+9.5....93...92...96...98...97..100...102..92...104

August ...1977....+0.8

I can still remember the famous mid July heatwave in 1977 with the blackout. Outside of that memorable 9 day

heatwave the summer was very comfortable.

NYC

June ......1977...-1.4

July .......1977...+2.4...7/13-7/21....+9.5....93...92...96...98...97..100...102..92...104

August ...1977....+0.8

What's with the 102 92 104

Bluewave is killing it...

Looks dry for the next few weeks

I wish we could get some rain. The ground is extremely dry. I had to soak it so I could turn it over with a pitchfork, so I could plant some vegetables today. It was like trying to stick a pitchfork into a rock before I soaked it. Boy do we need rain, but none in sight as you mentioned. 

I wish we could get some rain. The ground is extremely dry. I had to soak it so I could turn it over with a pitchfork, so I could plant some vegetables today. It was like trying to stick a pitchfork into a rock before I soaked it. Boy do we need rain, but none in sight as you mentioned.

You gotta love the clay soil of Central NJ. ;)

Archived