• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

That's a dirty, dirty ridge on the 12z GFS. High dews, especially for this time of year coupled with a southwest flow and middle of May jet transporting plenty of Gulf moisture Northeastward as various pieces of energy eject into the flow. We destabalize every morning, we pop and sizzle and then we bang and pour every afternoon and evening. That front is going to take at least 7-10 days to clear the coast with that southeast ridge locked and loaded.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's obviously way out in fantasy range but the 12z GFS has SBCAPE values > 2500 J/KG over PA nearly all next week. The best severe chances get hung up literally just to the West.

hey yanks I'm taking a trip to Maine on Friday night I'll be there until Sunday morning I was wondering if it was safe to drive there and back and if there was any potential for flash flooding those couple of days? I know you like rain but I am frightened from flash flooding?

hey yanks I'm taking a trip to Maine on Friday night I'll be there until Sunday morning I was wondering if it was safe to drive there and back and if there was any potential for flash flooding those couple of days? I know you like rain but I am frightened from flash flooding?

You should be fine, most of the rain falls Southwest of Maine.

The 12z Euro has very little rainfall here the next 10 days as the STS rains itself out over the

Carolinas stuck under the strong ridge over our area.

That solution would not surprise me in the least.  We're locked into a dry pattern these last 2 weeks and that subtropical ridge means business.  Different month, but July 2013 had that sucker locked in and we were torching with almost no rainfall for 30 days

That solution would not surprise me in the least.  We're locked into a dry pattern these last 2 weeks and that subtropical ridge means business.  Different month, but July 2013 had that sucker locked in and we were torching with almost no rainfall for 30 days

That was the king of all WAR retrogrades ending up in New Mexico.

http://www.weather.com/science/news/meteorological-images-august-and-july-2013-20130830#/1

It' feels great out with the sea breeze kicking in earlier. It was hot around 12-1pm I mean the sun was strong. No rain tonight into tomorrow for us unless your in dutches county and north for tonight and maybe south of Toms river, NJ by tomorrow afternoon. Nice cool day on tap for tomorrow!

By the way I will have a revised summer forecast map for the USA later this week. Nothing really changed for spring up until late July. But August and September could be a dud as far as warm weather. It should turn out below normal beginning August and September with mostly rain concentrated to our south and blocking for our region. Cold weather should resume late October! Watch for a big snowstorm around mid November! Talk to you guys later, don't watch tv watch me!

Drought breeds drought. Today is a perfect example. While we aren't in a drought soil moisture as in the very top layer is bone dry. That is having the effect of limiting available moisture. Wth the sun out earlier I thought for we would at least be seeing some showers right now. But the radar is dead. I hate drought so I hope for a pattern change soon

It' feels great out with the sea breeze kicking in earlier. It was hot around 12-1pm I mean the sun was strong. No rain tonight into tomorrow for us unless your in dutches county and north for tonight and maybe south of Toms river, NJ by tomorrow afternoon. Nice cool day on tap for tomorrow!

By the way I will have a revised summer forecast map for the USA later this week. Nothing really changed for spring up until late July. But August and September could be a dud as far as warm weather. It should turn out below normal beginning August and September with mostly rain concentrated to our south and blocking for our region. Cold weather should resume late October! Watch for a big snowstorm around mid November! Talk to you guys later, don't watch tv watch me!

No one should be calling anything a dud 3-4 months out IMO. We learned that this winter.

No one should be calling anything a dud 3-4 months out IMO. We learned that this winter.

i called for a long and brutal winter combined with heavy snow. I said nyc would get 54 inches I was close enough.

Nick you think, I still think you're a Brit, nowadays you do realize that I like my peanut butter Jiff!

Sent from my iPhone

Archived