Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are the Red Sox trotting out for their First to Worst opening day ceremony Monday? Willy Mo Pena, Julio Lugo, Mike Torrez?

Mike Torrez was the starter for my first game I watched at Fenway in 1978. It was the game when Dewey Evens was nearly killed by a bean ball. Butch Hobson won it with a double high off the center field wall that my dad almost caught (we were in the bleachers. $2 per ticket)

One of my favorite memories other than Evans...then came Bucky Dent

Yeah...starting to get more "blue" overhead, but we seem to be conveniently dodging the breaks. Still mostly snow covered here away from the buildings and trees. I haven't measured in a few days though. It can't be more than a few inches in the thickest spots.

More than I thought...about 6" in the snowcovered areas that aren't being torched by adjacent objects.

lol

"Don't cancel your holidays. If you're coming to Port Vila or Tanna, go up to Santo instead," she said.

"Definitely don't cancel. We need tourists to return to this country — it's one of the biggest employers in Vanuatu."

Yeah...nothing screams tropical getaway like a brown, barren landscape.

Yeah...starting to get more "blue" overhead, but we seem to be conveniently dodging the breaks. Still mostly snow covered here away from the buildings and trees. I haven't measured in a few days though. It can't be more than a few inches in the thickest spots.

Finally starting to see a couple breaks in the clouds up this way...overall cloudy and cold day with temps in the valleys in the low 40s and temps above 1,500ft in the mid-30s or below. 

Was walking on the Rec Path this afternoon and although a lot of the open fields are either patchy or bare, there's still a good 6" of dense snow in a lot of sheltered and wooded areas.  Here's Tompson's Park at 750ft.  Not quite picnic season yet.

Tompsons%20Park_zpsmredtkly.jpg

My last areas of snow melted in the early summer feel out there. I had a spot in the front and back and on either side of driveway atctgrcrnds where the tallest peaks were. All gone. Other side of street houses still with some pack in spots. Now we lawn.

Early summer feel? Isn't it like low 50s out?

It's like it pains you to say "in the normal spring temperatures"...haha.

Got a face tan/semi burn too.

Still some ice in ponds and rather stout snowpack in some yards which is amazing this late. Granted it's only the real weenie yards that have it...but still...dam impressive. Finally noticing some yards starting to green a bit.

I also got a face burn playing football, it's easy to forget that the sun is actually pretty powerful this time of the year, even with temps in the 50s

I also got a face burn playing football, it's easy to forget that the sun is actually pretty powerful this time of the year, even with temps in the 50s

Not surprising - it's an August sun now. It's almost 8 and still light out. I guess the quicker we get to summer, the quicker we can start counting down to fall.

Archived