Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well that would suck.  That's like getting your best snowstorm in like November 

That actually happened here along Rt 2 in March ... gosh I think it was 2013. But we had an elevated meso (of all things) streak down immediately astride the roadway, blanketing townships with inch diameter hail and frequent lightning.   It was like 47F at the surface with that thing going overhead.  Not much wind... 

I don't think I heard thunder once until early August that following summer... 

That actually happened here along Rt 2 in March ... gosh I think it was 2013. But we had an elevated meso (of all things) streak down immediately astride the roadway, blanketing townships with inch diameter hail and frequent lightning.   It was like 47F at the surface with that thing going overhead.  Not much wind... 

I don't think I heard thunder once until early August that following summer... 

I think I remember that...wasn't that like April?  I remember a day in April a few years back where there was a random TOR warning in MA...I was in Boston for the Sox game and it was an awful day.  Temps only near 50.

Or was this a different event I'm thinking of? 

I think I remember that...wasn't that like April?  I remember a day in April a few years back where there was a random TOR warning in MA...I was in Boston for the Sox game and it was an awful day.  Temps only near 50.

Or was this a different event I'm thinking of? 

No this was definitely in March ...  

Look at the torch happening along the western slopes in Southern VT... temps of 55-60F while a few miles east and over the crest, its upper 30s to low 40s. 

Quite the temperature bust up here today so far, but we'll probably mix out.  Its still mid-30s at 1,500-2,500ft, and upper 30s to low 40s in the mountain valleys, when forecasts called for a high temp in the 50s.

It is 45F at 4,000ft, so if we were to mix out, temps would sky rocket to near 60F probably pretty quickly.  BTV mentions the cold front means warm front phenomena of once the cold front passes tonight, east of the Spine should shoot up into the 50s for a while tonight after spending the day in the 30s and low 40s.

Archived