Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this has got to be a top ten winter for Trenton or close. I'm close to 20 inches above normal despite 6.5" being the largest snowfall. pretty remarkable.

A cursory glance suggests a rank of 14th, going by the old coop, old NWS office, and Ewing readings.

Cloudy 32, feeling a little raw.  Will we see the sun soon?  My banter is Spring is my least favorite time of the year, although I could never give up living here.  I prefer to experience all 4 seasons.   Usually by mid-late April my mind and body has accepted the change.  I love summer but hate high dew points and bugs.  Getting anxious to plot out the garden and get planting.

Thursday is looking decently interesting for the first thunderstorms of spring. Instability will be an issue but I think there's a decent chance of at least some thunder. Lots of shear associated with the system though, so if there is even a little bit of instability, we could see some severe gusts. Something to watch at least.

Snow still on the front lawn in what seems like eternal winter.

Found a few crocus sprouts .5" out of the ground, so crocus blooms will be in APRIL thats nuts!

Here in Media my crocuses are in full bloom yellow... my house faces South-southeast. snow cover zero left here in Media Delaware County..

I think our chances of a freeze when things do get green around here are very high with all this dry cold air hanging around and also since the Great Lakes are still frozen.  Cold air is only a NW wind away!!

Impressive stat uncle posted that NYC is 1.3" shy of it's snow total after Jan 15th 1978, the other notoriously back loaded winter

Not anymore, the being shy part that is. Today Upton officially increased Central Parks seasonal snowfall by 3.3" of which 2.8" fell after January 15th making 2015 the greatest comeback winter of all time for that location. The increase officially brings the park at 50.3" of snowfall for the 2014/2015 season, back to back 50" year snowfalls again, incredible.

Not anymore, the being shy part that is. Today Upton officially increased Central Parks seasonal snowfall by 3.3" of which 2.8" fell after January 15th making 2015 the greatest comeback winter of all time for that location. The increase officially brings the park at 50.3" of snowfall for the 2014/2015 season, back to back 50" year snowfalls again, incredible.

What did they change?

What did they change?

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

1056 AM EDT TUE MAR 24 2015

...INCREASES TO SNOWFALL AMOUNTS AT CENTRAL PARK...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PERFORMED AN ANALYSIS OF SNOWFALL

AMOUNTS THAT FELL AND WERE MEASURED AT CENTRAL PARK EARLIER THIS

YEAR.

THREE SPECIFIC SNOWFALL AMOUNTS AT CENTRAL PARK WERE LESS THAN

SURROUNDING OBSERVATIONS. BASED ON THESE FINDINGS...AN ANALYSIS WAS

PERFORMED THAT MADE USE OF SURROUNDING OBSERVATIONS...SNOW TO LIQUID

RATIOS AND RADAR DATA FOR ALL THESE EVENTS.

THE RESULTS OF THESE ANALYSIS WERE TO INCREASE THE DAILY SNOWFALL

AMOUNTS AT CENTRAL PARK ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS...

1/6/2015 FROM 0.5 TO 1.0 INCH...AN INCREASE OF 0.5 INCHES.

1/24/2015 FROM 2.5 TO 3.6 INCHES...AN INCREASE OF 1.1 INCHES.

2/2/2015 FROM 3.3 TO 5.0 INCHES...AN INCREASE OF 1.7 INCHES.

THIS IS AN INCREASE OF 3.3 INCHES...WHICH BRINGS THE TOTAL SEASONAL

SNOWFALL AT CENTRAL PARK TO 50.3 INCHES.

THESE ADJUSTMENTS WERE MADE TO THE CLIMATE DATABASE FOR CENTRAL PARK

AND REPRESENTS A BETTER FIT TO THE GRADIENT BETWEEN THE SURROUNDING

OBSERVATIONS FOR THESE RESPECTIVE WINTER EVENTS

Up in Hancock NH for a few days then off to Dorset VT...

Snow/sleet mix from 6:30 pm to about 7:30 then a bit of rain

34f

Took an absolutely beautiful backroad ride up to Harrisville NH...

"mid-winter scene" with a deep snowpack blanket, occasionally interrupted by a meandering babbling brook...

Couldn't have been any more serene!

Snow still on the front lawn in what seems like eternal winter.

Found a few crocus sprouts .5" out of the ground, so crocus blooms will be in APRIL thats nuts!

This is the second year in a row that my rosemary plants didn't make it through the winter. prior to last year I had 5 winters on my plants. I can't plant my lettuce because I still have snow on the beds,

Archived