joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#2 hottest May for Philly

Is it just me or has this been a relatively comfortable second hottest May ever. Not even one 90F day bizzare

Eh, I wouldn't think so. I got a heat index of around 95 at times this week and I could feel the sun beating down on me. And being outside has caused me to sweat after a little while most of the days this month. Also, little to no rain relief. Though, no 90 degree days is pretty surprising.

Here in NW Chesco we have had only 0.61" of rain so far for the month of May - we are 3.73" below our normal May precip of 4.34" for the YTD we stand at just 14.81" or 78% of normal of 18.99".

This May appears to be going into the books as the 2nd driest May on record behind only 1964 when just 0.14" of rain fell here in the county. The Wxsim program does spit out around 0.50" by this evening and 2.37" be tomorrow PM.....but I am also in the camp of dry begets dry and will be thrilled if we can just get 1.00" over the next couple days. The lawns and farmers in the county are not happy campers,

Top 5 driest in Chester County are below:

1964 - 0.14"

2015 - 0.61"

1939 - 1.11"

2005 -1.19"

1905 - 1.19"

Looking like the entire area is getting nothing besides north and west today. Even my condo complex that hires landscapers can't save our grass, half of it is brown already despite the inch of rain last week. The problem is most of it just ran off and little got absorbed In the ground due to the quick nature of the storms. My parents yard is practically burned out in Levittown already. Hopefully the rain tomorrow and Tuesday actually happens...

NWS Binghamton, NY is participating in the Impact Based Warning experiment that has been expanded to include some offices in the Eastern Region of the NWS this year. More info on this can be found at the following web site: http://www.weather.gov/impacts/#.VWuDtKbrT38

nice thanks.

I notice their radar has been updating every 2 minutes as well. (unlike the typical 4 - 5) 

Nothing here yet today but the radar is starting to get pretty busy, especially north of the PA turnpike. Nice line to the west also. Spent most of the day working outside, the high here was 89F, and so humid.

Edit - something popping up just to the SW of here, and hearing thunder.

Nothing here yet today but the radar is starting to get pretty busy, especially north of the PA turnpike. Nice line to the west also. Spent most of the day working outside, the high here was 89F, and so humid.

Edit - something popping up just to the SW of here, and hearing thunder.

Watch your fingers humans are now tasty

http://gothamist.com/2015/05/29/human_flesh-craving_squirrels_are_a.php

Archived