• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

Does anyone know if any area's are in the running for an all time driest May? The grass in the mercer/bucks area is already beginning to burn out. Looks like a shot of storms weds-fri but it looks like the best chance for those are going to be north and west. If we don't get anything, I know my area will finish under 1" of rain for May.

Think I heard Glenn mention during his forecast tonight Allentown has had .09 in the last 34 days...sounds like a dry May to me. I could have screwed up but I'm pretty sure that is what he said.

Edit: Yeah, .09 for the last 34 days in Allentown.

post-513-0-47324200-1432681823_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple chances for thunderstorms between now and Sunday. If I get missed, which has happened with every thunderstorm this month, I'll end the month with 0.44" of rain. Hope not. There's a ton of moisture in the air, dp is currently 72F, just need to wring it out.

A couple chances for thunderstorms between now and Sunday. If I get missed, which has happened with every thunderstorm this month, I'll end the month with 0.44" of rain. Hope not. There's a ton of moisture in the air, dp is currently 72F, just need to wring it out.

Decent stuff to the west but I've been screwed so many times this Spring nothing is certain...

post-513-0-83528200-1432747811_thumb.jpg

Decent stuff to the west but I've been screwed so many times this Spring nothing is certain...

Yup we'll see if it stays together. It's really taking it's sweet time moving east so I wouldn't be surprised if the cloud tops race out ahead of the line and weaken it. Could see this being a LV through Lancaster special and the line weakens as it progresses east through SE PA and jersey into the evening. I'm just happy there's a chance of something. This month/spring has been horribly boring.

Line looks so much less impressive now. Hopefully it restrengthens but the lack of severe weather this Spring has really lowered my expectations. Good heat like what we have now isn't as fun without a good storm.

EDIT: Hey look, Severe Thunderstorm Warning in Chester County just a few minutes after posting this.

Pretty good storm just rolled through Lawrenceville. Gusty winds(40-45 mph estimate), had 2 really close lightning strikes, and the street outside is flooded because the drain couldn't keep up. Might get round 2 as well if the stuff to the SW holds together. Wish I remembered to put my rain gauge back outside but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a quick half inch of rain at least.

Any severe from these storms would be low-end

tree damage in a few areas.  Looked like the

storm near PHL airport was pretty strong, and

the one in Trenton earlier had some strong

winds as well.  Got fortunate to have a heavy

shower pop up directly overhead, or this

would have been another miss.

Just when the line was about to fizzle, it briefly unleashed a pantload here... FINALLY.  Most that we've had in about 6 weeks.  Only got about 0.1 " out of it IMBY with some angry churning clouds, some thunder, a few lightning bolts, and some rain runoff (plus a rainbow at the end), but I'll take it.  Washed the pollen right out of the air.  :pepsi:

Archived