Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.64" on the storm.  Thought it would have been more than that, but I didn't really get into any of the heavier thunderstorms.  Good to finally get a nice soaking rain, though.  

Exactly, no big T-storms / downpours but many hours of solid steady rain. Only received some lightning and thunder in the early to mid evening hours but nothing major. Overall, things should become greener, cooler temps and the pollen count should subside a bit. Not sure how accurate but according to Wunderground Horsham received 1.4" yesterday.

We got hammered down here in Collings Lakes, damn near every road in town flooded, had like 5 calls in less then 30 mins. Radar estimates showed we got 3-4 inches in around 90 minutes. Never seen rain that heavy in my life. If that tornado warned cell comes this way like it shows, we're in trouble.

You must live in a storm magnet location. This isn't the first time I've seen posts like this from you.

It's funny how some areas (Lancaster and York, PA for example) seem to be hotsports for severe weather while other locations can't catch a break and get something decent. Even on a smaller, localized level it happens. Just 5-8 miles south of where I live many times seems to pick up more storms and rainfall totals than I do. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with topography and other factors, but it's fascinating nontheless.

That almost seems impossible? What time did you measure yesterday morning?

11:15am - very accurate obs. Raining now and 52F, might be the coldest June day I have seen with possible exception of Horsham Day 2005 i believe when it also stayed in the 50's

11:15am - very accurate obs. Raining now and 52F, might be the coldest June day I have seen with possible exception of Horsham Day 2005 i believe when it also stayed in the 50's

Damn, you got shafted w/only .3

Light right here now w/a temp of 54F...really don't see it hitting 60.

"Horsham Day" this Saturday....I usually just go for the fireworks. Weather looks decent...

Damn, you got shafted w/only .3

Light right here now w/a temp of 54F...really don't see it hitting 60.

"Horsham Day" this Saturday....I usually just go for the fireworks. Weather looks decent...

Monster fizzling bust overnight for the euro, rgem and some of the short term models. Today looks to be busting on the wet side however

Horsham Day fireworks observing was a family tradition for a long time. Now I have two close by Trumbauers and Qtown not too shabby

Archived