Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will take the drought back anytime.  We are having an amazing deluge here in Bethlehem Township.  I have had over 4" of rain today and most of it has fallen since 5:30pm tonight.  It is continuing to pour.  Mt. Holly has issued a Flash Flood Warning for the area.

Looking at the radar loop it seems to be "training"....

Those pictures are located at a gas station that is 3 minutes from my house.  I was going to go down there and check it out as it is known as a flood zone but now I will not have to.  Rain total today is up to 5".  All but 0.25" has fallen since about 5:30 tonight.  We are getting the grand finale with a lot of CTG lightning strikes right now.  For a while I was sending rainfall reports to Mt. Holly every 30 minutes when I rec'd an additional inch. 

Feels better out there for sure.  Tennis match yesterday was rough.  Had a headache for a good 2 hours after that one.  Looks like unsettled weather returns tomorrow.

Since this is a banter thread as well, I thought I'd suggest that the NWS change their images for days that have about a 20% chance of rain from all clouds and rain to sun mixed with rain.  It is weird but in tourist towns like ours people seem to only look at the image and decide to cancel plans.  I run an outdoor activity outfit (kayaking and SUPs) and it kills our business.  Thanks.

Had a nice thundershower move through here around 2 am - lots of lightning, woke me up with a couple of nearby strikes. Probably the most active storm of the season here to date as far as lightning goes. Also received 0.65" of rain overnight, bringing the total for June to 5.76". Could be an interesting weekend with the remnants of Bill moving through.

Had a nice thundershower move through here around 2 am - lots of lightning, woke me up with a couple of nearby strikes. Probably the most active storm of the season here to date as far as lightning goes. Also received 0.65" of rain overnight, bringing the total for June to 5.76". Could be an interesting weekend with the remnants of Bill moving through.

You got lucky w/the overnight thunderstorm...not much here.

As far as Bill, not only may it mess up Father's Day....also, it may screw up the garden w/torrential downpours at time. (The past several rain events have been a nice steady rain...no downpours) Either way it's going to be humid w/high DP's.

72.1F / DP 69.6F

Archived