• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

Currently showering on a day that wasn't suppose to have rain. Up to 5.50" for the month and caught a break only getting .30" last several days with inches of it just 10 miles to my northeast i could easily be over 8". looks like a solid 1.50-3" mega rain event coming this weekend. Turning into another rain forest like soggy summer month we been having so many of in recent years.

Long range is promising copious rains the last week of the month with a trough in the east. Ugly

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dark skies, but storm is passing by, looks like we might get a lingering drizzle from the storm. Seems like the thing this year does best is having things avoid my area, lol.

That may have been part of the cluster that bullseyed MBY literally as I got in the door, just before 5:00 pm.  Saw some ominous clouds roll in but figured they'd keep going. It was about a 15 minute downpour with large drops and then it was done. Streets are dry again.  Got about 1/10th " out of it.  It was a literal tiny bullseye over NW Philly.

post-1915-0-19362200-1434755485_thumb.gi

That may have been part of the cluster that bullseyed MBY literally as I got in the door, just before 5:00 pm. Saw some ominous clouds roll in but figured they'd keep going. It was about a 15 minute downpour with large drops and then it was done. Streets are dry again. Got about 1/10th " out of it. It was a literal tiny bullseye over NW Philly.

06192015-nexrad.gif

Yep, but nothing happened here. Didn't even rain. Big clouds moving away though.

Dark skies and distant thunder.

82F and very humid here, partly sunny even.

Radar is beginning to get busy to our south and southwest (ahead of the main area of rain with Bill).

Had a little shower here about an hour ago, I've been outside completing pre-heavy rain tasks, grass cutting mostly.

Really hoping I'll get at least one severe storm before July, lol.

Edit: Mesoscale Discussion 

mcd1090.gif

DMGG WIND AND WEAK TORNADO THREAT COULD EXTEND TO THE E OF SVR TSTM
WATCH 317 OVER THE NEXT COUPLE HRS AS THE WARM FRONT ADVANCES
NWD...BUT RECENT CONVECTIVE TRENDS SHOW ONGOING TSTMS MOVING INTO
NRN DE ARE STRUGGLING TO MAINTAIN INTENSITY.
HOWEVER...CONVECTIVE
TRENDS WILL CONTINUE TO BE MONITORED FOR A NEW POSSIBLE WW...WHICH
MAY INCLUDE PARTS OF SERN PA...NJ...DE...AND ERN MD.

Whoa huge lightning bolt just hit outside my house, scared the crap out of me!

It actually hit while I was typing a message that I could hear some thunder in the distance. 

I had a couple nice ones w/rolling thunder but "Bill" has been an utter failure w/rainfall so far...pretty much light to moderate even though the radar looks better.

Archived