Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really didn't think we would have a chance of getting a tornado today. Well, I knew there was the possibility but it usually never happens...We'll see if the couplet remains tight as it makes its way here or if a new one forms.

Whatever blew through here was rough.  Haven't seen it that bad in years and years.  The sheer wind gusts were incredible. I expect it may have been worse south of me.

What should I expect? Might not have too muh time before power goes out because the cable went out.

It started out with wind gusts/no rain and then built up to horizontal rain until it was like a hurricane - trees literally bent in half continually for about 5 minutes or so.  Blinding rain, alot of cloud-to-ground lightning.  Only now are the temps getting knocked back.

Power just blipped again.  Ugh.

It started out with wind gusts/no rain and then built up to horizontal rain until it was like a hurricane - trees literally bent in half continually for about 5 minutes or so.  Blinding rain, alot of cloud-to-ground lightning.  Only now are the temps getting knocked back.

Power just blipped again.  Ugh.

My pavement isn't even wet but tons of thunder....some lightning and wind.

Glenn is excited....

My pavement isn't even wet but tons of thunder....some lightning and wind.

Glenn is excited....

Wow.  I was probably on the northern fringe of the heavier stuff.  When I looked SW I saw greenage.  :P

I can see the western sky clearing.  It's still rockin' and rolling east of here.  Getting SEPTA train alerts like mad.  Service suspended, etc.

Edit add - they just shut all the commuter trains in this area (Chestnut Hill East and West) down until further notice.  That must have taken some lines down.

Wow.  I was probably on the northern fringe of the heavier stuff.  When I looked SW I saw greenage.  :P

I can see the western sky clearing.  It's still rockin' and rolling east of here.  Getting SEPTA train alerts like mad.  Service suspended, etc.

Edit add - they just shut all the commuter trains in this area (Chestnut Hill East and West) down until further notice.  That must have taken some lines down.

I'm in Abington and saw the greenish hue as well.  Lots of CTG strikes and black scud as the storm rolled in.  .30" in the bucket so far

SEPTA's "trainview" page just put up an announcement -

General Announcement: RRD: All regional rail trains are experiencing delays of up to 2 hours due to severe weather and power problems.

I think there are probably branches and debris on the tracks and possibly some catenary lines down.  That line just roared across the city, bowing as it moved east.  And now about 1 1/2 hours later, the front of it is OTS.  The line is still solid out over the ocean though. :lmao:

My high today was 91.2F and it's now down to 70.3F.

Archived