Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little late, but here are some things from the 23rd.  Power was out here for about 58

hours until the morning of the 26th.  Got hammered in Swedesboro just after my last

radar observation post here.  I was flying blind the rest of the night.  I called in the 60

mph gusts report to Mount Holly, and there are numerous large limbs as well as

a few trees down across the entire borough.  My house was ok, just a bit of clean up.

Never seen so much damage in this part of Gloucester county before, nearly every

municipality in the Kings Highway/Route 45/Route 130 corridor had tree damage.

A miracle nobody was killed.  I also have 2 videos, one of the storm gusts and one

detailing damage of a possible short-lived tornado inside of the Macroburst.

So far here in NW Chesco in East Nantmeal Twp. 1.77" of rain....greatest single day precip event here since June 13, 2014 when 1.87" fell in multiple T-storms

MTD rain here now at 7.40" +3.74" above normal....YTD rain almost to normal for YTD now at 22.23" vs normal thru June 27th of 22.64" (0.41" below normal)

High today 67.7 at midnight been in the upper 50's for most of the late afternoon....low was 58.3 at 7:54pm this evening

Storm total for East Nantmeal Township in Chester County PA was 2.16"

1.87" yesterday and 0.29" since midnight today.

MTD rain now at 7.79" that is good for 10th place for all-time (since 1894) June monthly rainfall. Greatest month since the 10.89" that fell in June 2013 - including the rain associated with the remnants of TS Andrea.

Really one hell of a breeze if you want to hang outside. Not 50+MPH......but certainly in the 25-30MPH area at times.

We actually lost power (again) yesterday from around 5 to 7 pm. 2 hours, not so bad. Most likely something "leftover" from Tuesday triggered by the rain and breezes yesterday. A few small branches came down, but overall mainly just a lot of rain.

Picked up 0.46" this morning and that makes this the wettest June on record(129 yrs.) at 7.89". Quite a jump from May's 0.84" and 8th driest. June's previous record of 7.47", 1981, was the 2nd lowest of the twelve monthly wettest-on-record records. Enough all ready!

Archived