Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long bowling bowl rumblings for a while and rain here to wake my my ass up. Radar looks decent.

Mod rain, 71.9F / 70.9F DP Gusty winds.

Feels MCS'ish thunder is everywhere. Sigh have to get fully up and check the lightning site.

Can western Montco absorb another drop of rain at this point

Saw that one on the tracker hehe. Majority of strikes well to my south surprised its this loud.

Area looks under the gun for heavy rain to near sunrise.

Yep, this is good stuff here! Everything. Lighting, great thunder and good rains. Oh yeah, my sleep is back to complete hell!

Storm rolled through here appeared to be weakening upon arrival compared to what Baltimore area picked up...some loud rumbles no Bangs heavy rain estimate to 1" in 40 minutes now moderate rain lightning off to the north this puppy is raining itself out...this should get us in the 1.55 to 1.95 range yesterday and overnight combined see what the gauge says in the morning very active exciting pattern for sure though

As the storms rolled through, I thought about you jumping for joy to finally not get shafted. :lmao:

Yeah, it was cool! Still up, zero sleep. Funny thing is the Birds are chirping like hell (I took a walk) thinking it's going to be a sunny start (sunrise)....another line moving through. Nothing heavy but it will shut them up for the time being...

Yeah, it was cool! Still up, zero sleep. Funny thing is the Birds are chirping like hell (I took a walk) thinking it's going to be a sunny start (sunrise)....another line moving through. Nothing heavy but it will shut them up for the time being...

The robins are going to be looking forward to alot of worms this morning! 

My windows were steamed up this morning.  As soon as the temp starts warming up if the sun manages to peep out, it will be a steambath (which will probably destabilize the air again and result in "self-destruct sunshine" :P ).

The robins are going to be looking forward to alot of worms this morning! 

My windows were steamed up this morning.  As soon as the temp starts warming up if the sun manages to peep out, it will be a steambath (which will probably destabilize the air again and result in "self-destruct sunshine" :P ).

Funny you mentioned worms. I was one of those nutjobs who used to go out after/during a storm to collect a bunch for fishing. Just don't see them like I used to? Excessive winter salt/brine....lawn fertilizer killing them? Environment?  

Funny you mentioned worms. I was one of those nutjobs who used to go out after/during a storm to collect a bunch for fishing. Just don't see them like I used to? Excessive winter salt/brine....lawn fertilizer killing them? Environment?  

My father used to fish years and years ago (I still have his bamboo fly fishing pole) and when we were little and he was planning a little fishing trip with us, we hoped and prayed for rain the day before so that we could "get up very early" the next day and collect worms!  He had a little aluminum bait container with a lid that had little holes in it for air.

It defintitely could be weed & feed or salt from the winter shoveled into the lawn...  I've actually seen more recently though - I think what may have helped was cultivating/roto-tilling the hard pan soil to plant in and it's definitely easier for them to navigate the softer soil below the surface.

My father used to fish years and years ago (I still have his bamboo fly fishing pole) and when we were little and he was planning a little fishing trip with us, we hoped and prayed for rain the day before so that we could "get up very early" the next day and collect worms!  He had a little aluminum bait container with a lid that had little holes in it for air.

It defintitely could be weed & feed or salt from the winter shoveled into the lawn...  I've actually seen more recently though - I think what may have helped was cultivating/roto-tilling the hard pan soil to plant in and it's definitely easier for them to navigate the softer soil below the surface.

Bamboo fly fishing? That's "old school" big time....fly fishing isn't easy and if you don't keep up w/it, you lose it. Kinda like golfing.

Last line was soft....nice sunrise.

Plenty of worms here, including a bunch I blew off the driveway earlier while cleaning up a bit.

And congrats on getting a good storm!

Bamboo fly fishing? That's "old school" big time....fly fishing isn't easy and if you don't keep up w/it, you lose it. Kinda like golfing.

Last line was soft....nice sunrise.

A shame I am missing the reel for it but definitely old school... The rod has to be at least 60 years old.  He used to have a cool fly-fhishing kit that I used to sneak into his closet to look at.  It was full of little packages of beads, feathers, thread, and hooks, plus a little metal clamp to put the hook on when making the fly.  This was a guy who used to wear fish tie pins (probably something we got him for Father's Day...lol).

We finished up with about 1/2" of rain around here.  Had a light drizzle early this morning with that last line that went through.

Archived