Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pic, Voyager! I remember about 10 years ago, we had a thunderstorm early on a Sunday morning. A neighbor's tree got struck, woke up everyone on the block.

Thanks! It was one of the loudest cracks I'd ever heard. I was awake and on the computer, and I nearly jumped out of my seat...lol

Here in Media Delaware County 95f here today highest heat index I saw was 111f it was consistently between 107-109 throughout much of the day.

Today was the hottest day of the year right ahead of the day we were slammed by Severe Weather knocking out power to hundreds of thousands.

We touched 90 briefly yesterday.

This marks 90+ 5 times so far this year here.

Hi Ray ..It looks like Iceman down the road from me also missed 90 today...KMQS was close did they finally hit 90 today? I thought we had a chance today....2 years now since a 90 here.....there is always tomorrow but not holding my breath.

quote name="famartin" post="3629468" timestamp="1437343963"]Paul's house is colder than Avoca which is well north and at almost 1000 feet...

Hi Ray ..It looks like Iceman down the road from me also missed 90 today...KMQS was close did they finally hit 90 today? I thought we had a chance today....2 years now since a 90 here.....there is always tomorrow but not holding my breath.

quote name="famartin" post="3629468" timestamp="1437343963"]Paul's house is colder than Avoca which is well north and at almost 1000 feet...

Yup, only 87.9 for me for a high.    Obnoxious DP pushed HX to 98 however.    Both of us are in a heavily wooded area.

I see the discussion about not getting to 90.  I admit my (home) thermometer stinks, as where it is it's useless during the afternoon during summer.  Yesterday I wasn't out driving, but today I was.  Car said 91 from Trexlertown to Alburtis.  (open fields/towns and lowlands)  When driving up my forested hill to 900', it got down to 86 up here on the car thermo.  (that was around 3:30PM give or take 5 mins....should be close to the daily high)  I think in this region of PA you see big differences from seemingly small elevation increases because you are not only going higher, you are going from mini urban heat islands to mostly forested land.  (at least for a few miles here and there.)  In winter the difference shrinks a little due to the leaves falling, and the decreased solar energy.  (and long nights when cold air often sinks.....and our little elevation can't overcome that like in the Alps or Rockies, ect.)

Yup, only 87.9 for me for a high.    Obnoxious DP pushed HX to 98 however.    Both of us are in a heavily wooded area.

Just can't get to 90+ here in the "soaring hills" of NW Chester County....only 85.6 today here and also at KMQS in Coatesville. Driving in similarly wooded areas just 200 feet lower than here today it was 88.....as soon as I drove up the hill toward my place....85.

Just can't get to 90+ here in the "soaring hills" of NW Chester County....only 85.6 today here and also at KMQS in Coatesville. Driving in similarly wooded areas just 200 feet lower than here today it was 88.....as soon as I drove up the hill toward my place....85.

That's amazing...really. On Sunday we topped out at 94 here in Tamaqua, which sits at 825'.

Archived