Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worcester - Picked up .67 over night. One close lightning strike , but not much  of a storm.  Did bring down a nice size tree and wires. Then a driver drove right under the tree and damaged the roof of his car. Said he never saw the tree. Had the tree been about 6" lower then it would have gone into the windshield.  Bad news for sure.

We supposed to get storms tonight? 

Thunder woke me up at 5am this AM here in NE Philly, it was in the distance, but it sounded loud. I imagine based on the radar that people south of the city got a nice storm, any reports?

Yeah, it looks like S Del/NJ...they're starting to fire up now.

Otherwise PA dry as hell...nothing on radar.

Yeah, it looks like S Del/NJ...they're starting to fire up now.

Otherwise PA dry as hell...nothing on radar.

I am standing on the sidewalk in front of my house...in Tamaqua...and I can see the lightning in the cloud tops from the storm in South Jersey.

Incredible!!!

We supposed to get storms tonight? 

Thunder woke me up at 5am this AM here in NE Philly, it was in the distance, but it sounded loud. I imagine based on the radar that people south of the city got a nice storm, any reports?

Thunder kept me awake from around 2:15 AM - most of the action slid N of northern Mercer County, into Somerset and NE NJ.  I got .39"  Someone must have gotten more . . 

Another maybe weaker round went S of Philly into S NJ.  

Yeah - I was looking forward to the cool off, even if it was badly timed for the weekend.  Things are getting dry.

Yeah I have veggie crops and my critical period of time that I need rain is mid July through early August. Less than 1" this year this growing seasons precipitation has been the worst never mind the cumulative totals to date.

Archived