Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think weenies run rampant or so I read. I rarely visit their forum. If anything I'll visit the Mid Atlantic forum.

+1 I'm with you on this one...visiting that forum last year was a waste if time with an exception of three to four posters. It isn't like it was back the "Eastern" days or even earlier here when we we're combined. I think it would be a disaster and the Philadelphia area of the forum would leave completely.

Really hoping we can get some rain later this week. It's been dry lately and this upcoming heat wave isn't going to help. Will it be a humid heat or will it be a bit drier. We're heading in to September and even if the heat stays, I'm not sure the humidity will.

So as long it's at night....rain is depressing.

Got a couple drops here, thunder is booming.  Have had 0.91" of rain since August first.   Just missed, again.  

Heh, I'm too northeast to get that. I wonder if the Burlington County bubble or whatever it is will work its magic again and steer all storms away from me. You guys down there, around Glassboro/Vineland/Hammonton have been getting a good amount of storms this year, or at least compared to me. It seems like a lot of the storms that form go south of me and hit those areas.

Heh, I'm too northeast to get that. I wonder if the Burlington County bubble or whatever it is will work its magic again and steer all storms away from me. You guys down there, around Glassboro/Vineland/Hammonton have been getting a good amount of storms this year, or at least compared to me. It seems like a lot of the storms that form go south of me and hit those areas.

I haven't really had anything here this year other than that one nasty storm in June.   Pretty boring for thunderstorms.  Vineland/Millville, however, is a different story.  They always seem to get something.  

I haven't really had anything here this year other than that one nasty storm in June.   Pretty boring for thunderstorms.  Vineland/Millville, however, is a different story.  They always seem to get something.  

I do remember there was a warning in Hammonton for a supercell thunderstorm. I think it was in May/June? Seems like plenty of pulse storms there too. Zilch here. Yeah, the June storm was the only big storm this year. 

go GFS looks like I counted 1.97" beginning Wednesday Sept. 9th 4pm and ending 4AM Friday... one can only hope.

Yes see the small low at the Mouth of the Cheasepeake for next weekend maybe another 1-2" 

Let's see how this pans out...

Hour 384 looks interesting remnant tropical system from Pacific in Nebraska heading NNE ... A very strong high 1035 building SW and a 984 LOW near Bermuda.. wonder if it tracks West!??

I'd image the lack of rain is causing the small size of acorns? There are many falling but they are small.

Yellow/fried leaves....tons of crickets. Get through the next couple days of heat then some rain and cooler....let Fall officially kick in finally.

Acorn size depends on species.  Some oaks are much smaller than others. Pin Oaks, which are the most commonly planted, have small acorns.

Archived