Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading this thread you'd think we were in the drought of the century sheesh. A bit below normal rainfall this summer but judging from posts you'd think that the Delaware valley has turned into a desert. Last two weeks have been great, not too hot, and pretty comfortable to do things outside. I'm sure we ll be begging for the rain to stop come winter and the strong El Niño.

Reading this thread you'd think we were in the drought of the century sheesh. A bit below normal rainfall this summer but judging from posts you'd think that the Delaware valley has turned into a desert. Last two weeks have been great, not too hot, and pretty comfortable to do things outside. I'm sure we ll be begging for the rain to stop come winter and the strong El Niño.

Depends on what you do outside. For a grower the extreme dry of May and the last month has been tough, and the saturation of June encouraged blights.

Depends on what you do outside. For a grower the extreme dry of May and the last month has been tough, and the saturation of June encouraged blights.

There's this invention called a hose. :P But I really don't think pa farmers will be taking losses from this dry spell. My tomatoes and peppers are coming in great this year. Also have two pumpkins on the way. I don't have a huge garden but still it hasn't been too tough of a growing season imo but I could be off base...

Model consensus is now 1"+ in the rain gauges tomorrow night and Tuesday.

After striking out the last three weeks I lack confidence in this wetness

I already picked up 0.58" here. Kind of surprised we got that much. Of course I was in Connecticut where it was nice and sunny well into the afternoon.

Is it really that dry here? 

This summer has been pretty uneventful in our region so people start talking about how dry it is. I feel that there is some exaggeration in peoples' posts about how dry it is. We were in a worse drought in May than right now. In fact, the drought monitor for NJ only shows a (very) small portion in D0 drought, and that's in NW Jersey. Uneventful weather + drier than normal (but not necessarily drought) = exaggerated posts to keep things interesting.

Archived