Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol...what 7.00" barrier? We smashed that sucker here in Tamaqua. Sitting at 9.09" at the moment for the month.

2.23 so far today, and we're about to get smoked again...

Making a run at 3.00"/10.00".

Currently 2.70" for the event and 9.56" for the month.

Man, this thing is over and died for the immediate burbs W of Philly. Sunny here...

It died here too.  There was a brief sprinkle that barely wet the streets and completely missed under the trees and then another round of light showers came through that finally got the dry parts under the trees.  Finished up with some sun and a full rainbow.  The end. 

It died here too.  There was a brief sprinkle that barely wet the streets and completely missed under the trees and then another round of light showers came through that finally got the dry parts under the trees.  Finished up with some sun and a full rainbow.  The end. 

Same here, but went out on my bike immediately after a one minute shower in bright sun to chase down pics of a rainbow. Found none  :( 

All the watches currently out for the eastern US is lol

http://weather.unisys.com/

I really can't believe this season around these parts. Just fail after fail. Damn, what happen to the late day dark clouds, lightning/thunder then downpour? At least it isn't Winter and bust snowfall one after another which would really grind my gears.

I really can't believe this season around these parts. Just fail after fail. Damn, what happen to the late day dark clouds, lightning/thunder then downpour? At least it isn't Winter and bust snowfall one after another which would really grind my gears.

Can't remember the last time i got to see a dark as night cloud in the afternoon before a storm it's been years. Snake bit city going on here. Now if the present breaks in the sky could hold at sunset for the venus jupiter show it would be great, but I will likely get blow off clouds from somebody's grand storm.

You will get yours eventually.

Off topic: Apparently CBS3 fired weatherwoman Kathy Orr, amongst as well Chris May, and Beasley.

It will never T-Storm rain here ever, I'm convinced!

Yep, this is quite shocking....on air TV is a real-cut throat business. Orr may go to FOX or something local....Beasley, Comcast Sports Net (CSN) either in Philly or some other city. (?)

It will never T-Storm rain here ever, I'm convinced!

Yep, this is quite shocking....on air TV is a real-cut throat business. Orr may go to FOX or something local....Beasley, Comcast Sports Net (CSN) either in Philly or some other city. (?)

They just threw up a warning for our area -

Severe Thunderstorm Warning
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGPAC017-045-091-101-010115-/O.NEW.KPHI.SV.W.0083.150701T0015Z-150701T0115Z/BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTEDSEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ815 PM EDT TUE JUN 30 2015THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ  HAS ISSUED A* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...  EAST CENTRAL DELAWARE COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA...  SOUTH CENTRAL BUCKS COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA...  PHILADELPHIA COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA...  SOUTHEASTERN MONTGOMERY COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA...* UNTIL 915 PM EDT* AT 815 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM  CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS  OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED OVER ROXBOROUGH...OR NEAR  PHILADELPHIA...AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 15 MPH.* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...  PHILADELPHIA...BENSALEM...HATBORO...AMBLER...JENKINTOWN...  NARBERTH...ROCKLEDGE...ABINGTON...BRYN ATHYN...IVYLAND...  KENSINGTON...MORRIS PARK...FEASTERVILLE-TREVOSE...GERMANTOWN...  ROXBOROUGH...TACONY...WILLOW GROVE...CHESTNUT HILL...FEASTERVILLE  AND NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCE DAMAGING WINDS...LARGE HAIL...DEADLYLIGHTNING AND VERY HEAVY RAIN. FOR YOUR PROTECTION...MOVE TO ANINTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS. HEAVYRAINS FLOOD ROADS QUICKLY SO DO NOT DRIVE INTO AREAS WHERE WATERCOVERS THE ROAD.IN ADDITION TO LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS...FREQUENT CLOUD TOGROUND LIGHTNING IS OCCURRING WITH THIS STORM. MOVE INDOORSIMMEDIATELY. REMEMBER...IF YOU CAN HEAR THUNDER...YOU ARE CLOSEENOUGH TO BE STRUCK BY LIGHTNING.TORRENTIAL RAINFALL IS ALSO OCCURRING WITH THIS STORM...AND MAY LEADTO FLASH FLOODING. DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE THROUGH FLOODEDROADWAYS.&&LAT...LON 4015 7488 3993 7518 3997 7532 4028 7515TIME...MOT...LOC 0015Z 208DEG 15KT 3999 7523$$HEAVENER

Looks like the heaviest stuff is SE of me so far.  Lightning and thunder are off to the east.  Having a shower right now (a bit wetter than the last two).

I can hear Thunder in the distance near Philly....really need that stuff from the SW to move up / maybe fill in?

Right now, no rain, nothing. Distant thunder and breezy.

Archived