Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Oak Hill Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seemed most of the more "substantial" rain (in quotes, albeit - enough for an umbrella and wipers on the car) was downtown and further south.  But up here, we got barely enough to wet the streets - maybe a couple hundreths of an inch total through the day.  Plus March temps to boot!  But at least it took some of the airborne pollen out of the air.

Anyone else notice the huge amount of maple seeds pods the trees have produced this year? I could just have a memory block, but don't remember this many.

And yes it is dry

Yeah, there are many. They get jammed at the bottom of the windshield at the base of the wipers.

Congrats on the move Ray! Will you be batting for a different team or still post here? Or both?

Super-mega-ultra clear blue skies...slight breeze...64.7F.

Yeah, there are many. They get jammed at the bottom of the windshield at the base of the wipers.

Congrats on the move Ray! Will you be batting for a different team or still post here? Or both?

Super-mega-ultra clear blue skies...slight breeze...64.7F.

Thanks! I'll still post here on occasion, like now. Mainly observational now that I'm local.

Does anyone know if any area's are in the running for an all time driest May? The grass in the mercer/bucks area is already beginning to burn out. Looks like a shot of storms weds-fri but it looks like the best chance for those are going to be north and west. If we don't get anything, I know my area will finish under 1" of rain for May.

Does anyone know if any area's are in the running for an all time driest May? The grass in the mercer/bucks area is already beginning to burn out. Looks like a shot of storms weds-fri but it looks like the best chance for those are going to be north and west. If we don't get anything, I know my area will finish under 1" of rain for May.

Currently PHL is 0.59" for the month

Driest May on record at Philadelphia:

1964 - 0.47

1880 - 0.54

1887 - 0.62

1986 - 0.70

1977 - 0.70

1959 - 0.80

1914 - 0.90

1955 - 0.91

1903 - 0.93

1941 - 1.01

TTN has had 0.59".  Not much, but more than the driest (0.25" in 1964)

Archived