joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/1 CAD Event Discussion

JoshM

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in for the torture and my love for fzrn.  This will be a story of unrequited love.  GFS says what freezing rain?  Canadian is just kinda meh.  SREF qpf mean is 0.17" with a 40% chance of fzrn.

What does the Euro say?

The Euro has zilch. For ATL-AHN, the threat is very low imo compared to how the threats for the events of the last two weeks looked in advance. It isn't even close to what was already showing up at this time for last week's big CAD event.

Of course, that is a very unreliable NAM map from way more than 24 hours in advance with virtually no support from others. I give KATL a 3% chance for measurable ZR from this.

Doesn't the SREF suck doggy doo doo?

Is this thread a joke or serious?

The Euro has zilch. For ATL-AHN, the threat is very low imo compared to how the threats for the events of the last two weeks looked in advance. It isn't even close to what was already showing up at this time for last week's big CAD event.

Of course, that is a very unreliable NAM map from way more than 24 hours in advance with virtually no support from others. I give KATL a 3% chance for measurable ZR from this

NAM nailed this latest storm. At least for this area.

Of course, that is a very unreliable NAM map from way more than 24 hours in advance with virtually no support from others. I give KATL a 3% chance for measurable ZR from this

The Canadian did have a brief period.  I just checked the Euro crappy maps on wunderground and it looks like it has a brief period of fzrn in the upstate before the freezing line rapidly retreats.  So really looks like a nuisance event at most right now.

Of course, that is a very unreliable NAM map from way more than 24 hours in advance with virtually no support from others. I give KATL a 3% chance for measurable ZR from this.

Doesn't the SREF suck doggy doo doo?

Is this thread a joke or serious?

No joke nor a big storm... hence the term "krispy kreme glaze". Just a nuisance as said above, if anything.

NAM nailed this latest storm. At least for this area.

The NAM was absolutely horrible for ATL-AHN with its well below 0C 850's until within 24 hours, when it suddenly shifted much warmer. But then after that correction, the qpf went way up into the stratosphere with as much as 1.5" vs the actual average near 0.50". This is the NAM at 69 hours without outside support.

I think y'all are wishcasting that Spring is going to arrive next week.  We still gotta get through March which historically has had major winter storms and cold weather.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a warm up for a week and then old man winter come back with a vengeance for a couple weeks in March.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see some bowling ball ULL to pop up on models as we get into March.  We still got a ways to go before we can put on our speedos and get our tan on.  :)

I think y'all are wishcasting that Spring is going to arrive next week.  We still gotta get through March which historically has had major winter storms and cold weather.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a warm up for a week and then old man winter come back with a vengeance for a couple weeks in March.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see some bowling ball ULL to pop up on models as we get into March.  We still got a ways to go before we can put on our speedos and get our tan on.  :)

Agree 100% I think any warm up will be short lived, then trough comes back in the east. I heard A Met today talking about March 14-24 time frame for cold in the east again... I'm not saying it will deliver winter weather in the SE!  But probably good chance that March will average out a cold month also...

If precip can sneak in faster than modeled, It's possible some CAD areas could see a brief period of wintry weather...

SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE MORNING...THEN BECOMING PARTLY
SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S. LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS.
.SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE MORNING...THEN A
CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. NOT AS COOL WITH HIGHS IN THE
LOWER 40S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN. NOT AS
COOL WITH LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.?

Archived