joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow to rain obs Saturday-Sunday 2/21-22/2015

famartin

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting super pounded now...don't say it often but heavy snow...24.2F.

Looks like I'm getting in on most of that action.   Mod-heavy snow now.   Temp down to 24.6.   Remaining grass blades almost covered, which would have us at about 1.8".   Still a South wind with visibility.....maybe 1/3 of a mile.   Variability in flake size demonstrates (to me) some good dynamics going on above.

It's snowing!!!! Woohoo!!! Came in really fast, starting about 1:20 pm and snowing moderately within 10 minutes of that - already a nice 3/8" on the ground. Warnings are up for most of central Jersey for 4-8" of snow, but Middlesex is only under an advisory for 2-4" - pretty sure they're going to need to upgrade, as I would expect more like 4-6" in the New Brunswick-Woodbridge area if other areas that close by are going to get 4-8" - no way we only get 2-4" in that scenario.

Still have no clue how Middlesex - especially northern Middlesex - is under an advisory for 2-4", while Philly and Trenton and Somerville are under warnings for 4-6 or 4-8" - and SI has an advisory for 3-6" to my east.  Just doesn't make sense in a largely SWFE.  I get areas SW of me might get more precip, but people in every direction are forecast to get more.  And the map has me in a 4-6" swath, which contradicts the advisory.  

Edit at 3:51 - the point and click for me now has 1-3" in the afternoon, then 3-5" tonight for 4-8" overall.  Wonder if they intend to upgrade to a warning, although they just updated our advisory at 3:27 pm for 2-4" for Middlesex.  Anyone from Mt. Holly out there?  

• Late AfternoonSnow. High near 27. South wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
  • TonightSnow and freezing rain, possibly mixed with sleet before 3am, then snow and freezing rain between 3am and 4am, then rain, snow, and sleet likely after 4am. Low around 27. South wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Looks like I'm getting in on most of that action.   Mod-heavy snow now.   Temp down to 24.6.   Remaining grass blades almost covered, which would have us at about 1.8".   Still a South wind with visibility.....maybe 1/3 of a mile.   Variability in flake size demonstrates (to me) some good dynamics going on above.

Yeah..no joke...it's coming down damn good. Was thinking about taking a power-snooze....looks like not an option. Very good SW radar echoes moving our way as well...24.2F

Dude the sun is through the clouds here, locally and to the N&W its a significant bust on the models

Yeah, back down to light snow here and Andy's first radar shot showing how things are being shunted away from our area.    Look at what is happening just south of the WV panhandle.   Heavier precip getting pushed to the E rather than rolling up toward the NE.

Archived