Newest Member
    joxey
Snow to rain obs Saturday-Sunday 2/21-22/2015

famartin

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow getting steadier here in NW Chester County PA

Can we exceed our biggest "event" of the season of 5.3" way back on November 26th? Not sure we will get into the heaviest stuff before the changeover but it might be close....

I will measure again about 7pm - as of 4:45pm at 2.0"

Either way we are now only about 2" from hitting our normal snow totals for a normal winter (35.5")

Currently moderate snow

Temp 22.3

Warrington, Bucks County, PA.   23.7 degrees.   Snow.   Light South wind.

We've had the steadiest snow all day for the past hour.   The only variation has been flake sizes.  Sometimes its fine, sometimes large.  Sometime large and fine together.   The consistency of the snow is odd.   It's a bit 'denser', but not 'wet snow' to make a good snowball with.   Sort of 'amorphous frozen material'.    Well, there's about 2" of amorphous frozen material on the ground right now.   That puts me at 25.3" for the year which, by my estimation, puts us just above our average snowfall for a winter.

Snowing lightly here at the moment, 24F. 3.8" at last measurement, a mere 1/4" away from the season's high here :-). There was a lull, then it started back up again as moderate, now a little lighter for the moment. Been outside shoveling, definitely lower ratio than Monday night. Also had a couple of sleet pellets mixing in about 30 minutes ago as it was picking back up. So far here an awesome event....hoping the non-snow can hold off a little longer.

Also read through the last few pages of obs, sorry for the under-performance farther north, sounds/looks like you may do a little better over the next few hours...

4" of Snow here in Hamilton Twp, NJ (Mercer County). Moderate snow, 25 degrees, Winds 6mph out of the North. Looks like I'm on pace to hit that 6-8" as projected by the NWS's latest map. I knew when I woke up this morning and saw the temperature was -1 degrees that this thing was going to bust colder and further to the south. I am a bit concerned about the ice threat later after the changeover, I'm not sure it gets above freezing in my area at the surface until the near end of the storm. It's gonna be fun to see what those heavier returns down from the southeast do when they get up here. :snowing::mapsnow:

Moderate to near heavy snow here in NW Chesco

Just ran the Wxsim and it has another 0.70" of w.e. falling with about 0.50" falling as snow....it shows IP mixing in by about 1130pm this evening then a mix of ZR and IP thru 7am temps staying in the upper 20's until the precip ends - highs tomorrow could reach near 40!!

Archived