joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow to rain obs Saturday-Sunday 2/21-22/2015

famartin

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

currently 42F sunny in hatfield, worked from 1pm to 5am through the storm (16hrs)

Didn't really snow until 4pm or so, off and on until about 8 pm which was steadier.

Sleet from 10-11pm, freezing rain until 4am.

Snow before changover was about 5 inches, down to 3 inches of sloppy goodness now waiting for the big freeze.

Just got back in..  Temp up to 42.4F and nice and sunny.  Alot of melting going on causing some "urban flooding" / giant puddles on a number of streets with low-lying spots and near where storm drains are clogged.  I can imagine what that is going to look like when it all freezes solid tonight through to Wednesday.  :axe:

This morning was very misty, and the temperatures overnight never even went above 32. Though, it's 45 now. Lots of water dripping off the roof tops. I can barely look outside though because of the light reflecting off of the snow, though, I can see that the grass is still covered by snow. Well, after this brief warm up were gonna get yet another arctic attack. More ice tonight I guess. 

Despite the slow start we ended up falling within the 4-8 from the NWS. The eastern part of the county was able to stay under a steady light snow during the day and I would think that's where the difference occured. 

Ended up with just over 5" with a nice crunchy top layer. Don't know if it ever changed over to plain rain but I woke up at about 1:30 to pingers. 

We ended up with about 3.5" with a plain rain ending this morning. I retract complaint, close enough in my book. 

Archived