CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Snow to rain obs Saturday-Sunday 2/21-22/2015

famartin

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For us northern folk it's ez pick the model with the lowest snow totals and ignore all others

You got that right. I ended up with 2.4 inches up here, but I sat at 1 to 1.5 for most of the day in that snow hole with nothing better than snizzle falling. The last inch fell in an hour as a consolation heavy band rolled through before shutting off completely.

OBS

Light rain

Temp 34.0F

Winds calm

About 2 am, a 5-truck plow/brine/salt convoy came through on the main strip and not soon enough!  The ground, streets, and walks are arctic cold with frozen slush and ice, now with some water on top.  One of the KYW reporters this morning called it "sloppery".  ^_^

Plain 32 rain here in lawrenceville. I had a nap during the rest of the snow after the flyers lol looked like we got 3-4" out there. Ray, what did your parents end up with? Harbourton, bluescat, and blizzongfs are pretty close too, what'd you guys measure?

3.5 in Ewing.  After a night of sleet and freezing rain it appears to have compacted down to a bit under 3.  That 6 in Princeton looks fishy, like someone was measuring old snow...

Disappointed the Berks forecast isn't verifying. I hope we don't get much ice I have to be to work at 7 am tomorrow. 

Despite the slow start we ended up falling within the 4-8 from the NWS. The eastern part of the county was able to stay under a steady light snow during the day and I would think that's where the difference occured. 

Ended up with just over 5" with a nice crunchy top layer. Don't know if it ever changed over to plain rain but I woke up at about 1:30 to pingers. 

Despite the slow start we ended up falling within the 4-8 from the NWS. The eastern part of the county was able to stay under a steady light snow during the day and I would think that's where the difference occured. 

Ended up with just over 5" with a nice crunchy top layer. Don't know if it ever changed over to plain rain but I woke up at about 1:30 to pingers. 

Yeah your right like I posted earlier 14 hrs of light snow and looks like some taint at the end my final tally is 4.5 

Never changed over up here, but it sounded like it was getting close.  Curious to find out where the mix line stopped.

I went to bed at sometime around 1:30-2am I think.  I couldn't tell if it was light snow or zr was mixing in, but the radar had showed that the precip was almost over anyway.  I just got up and went out to measure, 4.2" (after compaction....) with a really thin layer of ice on top.  Location in sig, the mix had maybe started here around bedtime for me, it had been all snow prior to that.  So somewhere in the Macungie-Fogelsville area is probably where it stopped. 

I posted a question earlier regarding high temps for the kdyl area today but I will answer my own question....we will not hit 40 today. Caa already taking place. Will be a battle between late feb sun and caa today. Methinks mid 30s at best but thats being hopeful.

If the sun comes out I think we make out ok but have to wait and see.  Seems like everything is still freezing on sidewalks here or at least very slow to warm up and cause any melting.  Gotta move the snow now or its gonna be some serious concrete come tonight.

33.1 ... drip, drip, drip. Looks like the sun is trying to come out. If so, I think we'll have no problem reaching the upper 30's today.

Hard to tell how much snow I ended up with. I didn't measure last night and everything is well compacted now. I'd guesstimate about 3.5" before the change over.

No way Princeton got 6...I had 3.5 in Belle Mead and im 5 miles north

This CoCoRaHS report would suggest their total was 4" and the 6" report is indeed closer to total on ground, not new.

http://www.cocorahs.org/ViewData/ViewDailyPrecipReport.aspx?DailyPrecipReportID=7be0588c-dd38-4df7-9c0f-a263065ef4a3

"Snow began at 1 pm and continued overnight, changing to freezing rain and rain. New snow was 4" deep at 9 pm but now reduced to 2.6". Tree branches are coated with ice, but melting. Temperature is 34 and rising."

Archived