• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow to rain obs Saturday-Sunday 2/21-22/2015

famartin

1.25" so far. I'm sitting on the southern edge of that dry hole. If it moves south at all I'm screwed.

Same here man. I'm on the edge just enough that I've still had steady light accumulating snow most of the afternoon but if it backs off at all I'll be seeing the sun. There looks to be another "push" of moisture from Maryland into central PA, if this finds a way to fall apart I'm pulling the plug. But I'm holding out all hope...

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still have no clue how Middlesex - especially northern Middlesex - is under an advisory for 2-4", while Philly and Trenton and Somerville are under warnings for 4-6 or 4-8" - and SI has an advisory for 3-6" to my east.  Just doesn't make sense in a largely SWFE.  I get areas SW of me might get more precip, but people in every direction are forecast to get more.  And the map has me in a 4-6" swath, which contradicts the advisory.  

Edit at 3:51 - the point and click for me now has 1-3" in the afternoon, then 3-5" tonight for 4-8" overall.  Wonder if they intend to upgrade to a warning, although they just updated our advisory at 3:27 pm for 2-4" for Middlesex.  Anyone from Mt. Holly out there?  

• Late AfternoonSnow. High near 27. South wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
  • TonightSnow and freezing rain, possibly mixed with sleet before 3am, then snow and freezing rain between 3am and 4am, then rain, snow, and sleet likely after 4am. Low around 27. South wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Mt. Holly finally extended the warning to Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean and SW NJ for 4-6".  Just didn't make sense all day to not do this.  Better late than never. 

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

418 PM EST SAT FEB 21 2015

...WINTRY PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE OVER PORTIONS OF

THE NORTHERN MID ATLANTIC THIS EVENING...

NJZ012>014-016>020-026-027-220530-

/O.UPG.KPHI.WW.Y.0015.000000T0000Z-150222T0600Z/

/O.EXA.KPHI.WS.W.0005.000000T0000Z-150222T0600Z/

MIDDLESEX-WESTERN MONMOUTH-EASTERN MONMOUTH-SALEM-GLOUCESTER-

CAMDEN-NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON-OCEAN-COASTAL OCEAN-

SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEW BRUNSWICK...FREEHOLD...SANDY HOOK...

PENNSVILLE...GLASSBORO...CAMDEN...CHERRY HILL...MOORESTOWN...

MOUNT HOLLY...JACKSON...LONG BEACH ISLAND...WHARTON STATE FOREST

418 PM EST SAT FEB 21 2015

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST SUNDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER

STORM WARNING FOR SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN...WHICH IS IN

EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST SUNDAY. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO

LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS...PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW...BRIEFLY CHANGING TO SOME SLEET AND

FREEZING RAIN.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 6 INCHES.

* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...A TRACE TO AROUND A TENTH OF AN INCH.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL CONTINUE ACROSS THE AREA AND MAY BE HEAVY AT

TIMES WITH SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 INCH PER HOUR POSSIBLE IN SOME

SPOTS. WARMER AIR WILL MOVE IN...ALLOWING THE SNOW TO BRIEFLY

MIX WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN IN THE EVENING BEFORE QUICKLY

CHANGING OVER TO RAIN.

Look at the radar guys, you can see that the batch giving Philly & NJ its snow now is moving E, then there is lull, but behind that the MAIN batch is forming. That is the precip that should really hit the burbs well, but it will come with warm air 

Not a weenie but really don't see it? Maybe light snow then it picks up rather quickly....feel bad for the Reading folks/W for the sig stuff....

Look at the radar guys, you can see that the batch giving Philly & NJ its snow now is moving E, then there is lull, but behind that the MAIN batch is forming. That is the precip that should really hit the burbs well, but it will come with warm air

Fwiw my parents in Cape may are reporting moderate snow tiny flakes. Leads me to believe cold air really hanging on. Usually when a change is near you get those huge flakes (or when its 10f like the other night lol).

Archived