joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow to rain obs Saturday-Sunday 2/21-22/2015

famartin

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's snowing!!!! Woohoo!!! Came in really fast, starting about 1:20 pm and snowing moderately within 10 minutes of that - already a nice 3/8" on the ground. Warnings are up for most of central Jersey for 4-8" of snow, but Middlesex is only under an advisory for 2-4" - pretty sure they're going to need to upgrade, as I would expect more like 4-6" in the New Brunswick-Woodbridge area if other areas that close by are going to get 4-8" - no way we only get 2-4" in that scenario.

Radar doesn't look great right on top of me but it's moderate stuff. Just went for a Sheetz run and visibility is around a 1/2 mile. Radar doesn't look great in PA but the heavy stuff in Maryland looks to be building and headed straight for us. I think in 2 hours or so we will be singing a different song. 

Route 41 northbound is standing still. Of course this always happens as the little town of Avondale cannot handle the amount of truck traffic as we are major route from Port of Wilmington to central pa and beach and mountain route every single weekend in the summer! Be careful out there. Apology for the non weather obs.

That's my thinking as of now. Really is a forward push toward Philly.

Light/mod snow 23.6F

Newest HRRR nails Philly with 7" and significantly cuts back snow far N&W the areas that were suppose to get the heaviest. 4" Lehigh Valley. Current radar trends would verify this.

Still gives a decent 4-6" to the immediate suburbs but like i said these events are unpredictable and something unexpected always seems to happen.

Archived