joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 20th-21st Winter Storm OBS/Discussion

LithiaWx

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar looking interesting this morning. Cloud deck appears to be at 100' off the ground and my snow must be vaporizing at about 50' so therefore its hello virga storm.

Dang these clouds look heavy. Nobody in the western carolinas getting anything??

Edit....PS chimes in! Nice! Send it over east my friend.

Snowing good in king. I'm heading toward winston with salt truck shortly

NAM couldn't even get this storm right for me on the 12z run. It's still sending the heavy precip north with a max of an inch or so and I already have close to 3" on top of the snowpack.

It has done terrible on this storm, to say the least... Good short range model! lol :rolleyes:

Snowing hard again now, slowly warming.. up to 23/18

NAM couldn't even get this storm right for me on the 12z run. It's still sending the heavy precip north with a max of an inch or so and I already have close to 3" on top of the snowpack.

Have you had pingers? I see the other guy from Roanoke was saying something. It's pure snow here.

12z rap sounding showed nothing above 0 until sometime after 18z but we still have sleet mixing in at times.  Had to go out and clean the car to take my wife to work and under all the snow (mostly) there were a sprinkles frozen to the windshield so it started as a little freezing drizzle.  Dropped to as low as 12 about an hour ago and back to 13 now.    Interesting storm so far.

Have you had pingers? I see the other guy from Roanoke was saying something. It's pure snow here.

When I left to take the wife to work and while cleaning the car it was all snow but on the way home mixed again for a while.  they were not 100% melted but close.  I am south of town if that helps.  I also see stations southwest of here higher up reporting temps in the low 20s.

12z rap sounding showed nothing above 0 until sometime after 18z but we still have sleet mixing in at times. Had to go out and clean the car to take my wife to work and under all the snow (mostly) there were a sprinkles frozen to the windshield so it started as a little freezing drizzle. Dropped to as low as 12 about an hour ago and back to 13 now. Interesting storm so far.

Damn! If it doesn't begin mixing or changing until 18z we are going to get a crap ton of snow that stuff to our west is no joke there's some heavy rates in there. Blacksburg said another 2-4 by 11. If we get the high end well be pushing 7 unreal!!!

BF don't worry,the moisture will be there and here as soon as your wetbulb hits 32.6 tonight. If this would have been last Saturday and I was still under shutout conditions I would not have been a happy camper.. hopefully you can reel enough moisture in to enjoy today. We all got a good shot next week, but that's all it is , is a shot. Very well could be the last one we get to take till next year so make the most of what you get today.

Archived