amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2/21-2/23 Weekend Possible Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With that dry slot over eastern PA, it is a race between the precip to the south and the system seemingly moving more west to east then south to north?  Hopefully the dry slot fills in, but no sign of that happening yet.  If it doesn't looks like another near miss of event.  If we get into a period of little to no precip, I could see the changeover starting by early evening.  Things seemed to be working out well for NE Jersey (given the original prognosis), but now not so sure. It seems this system is more of a "tweener" than a true lakes cutter, definitely not too strong.  The Hight pressure is more to our east and heading east, as opposed to the more southerly forecast. 

The dry area will fill in over the next hour or two, and the snow should be heaviest for most of us as the mix line approaches. Best bet : expect a few inches almost everywhere (more S and W). If it's more than that, awesome. If not, the forecast was correct. Light to moderate snow here about 1/4"

The DS is at least 75 miles west of the NJ boarder at the latitude of Somerset County, and is not moving east.  Filling in if anything.

All of Sussex, warren, and the northern half of hunterdon counties are already in the dry slot. That's not an opinion. Those areas are not snowing, or are just flurrying right now

Upton

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORIES CONTINUE FOR THE ENTIRE AREA. BASED ON UPSTREAM RADAR/OBS AND HEAVIER QPF BEFORE CHANGEOVER...WILL BE INCREASING SNOW AMOUNTS FOR COASTAL PLAIN.

AS FOR SNOW...GENERAL EXPECTATION IS A 3 TO 5 INCH SNOWFALL ACROSS THE COASTAL PLAIN BEFORE CHANGEOVER...WITH 4 TO 7 INCHES ACROSS THE INTERIOR.

All of Sussex, warren, and the northern half of hunterdon counties are already in the dry slot. That's not an opinion. Those areas are not snowing, or are just flurrying right now

I'd say the DS is affecting Warren Cty at the south end, whether it touches northernmost Hunterdon is not worth arguing about.  My point is that the current DS is not affecting Somerset Cty and is not going to.

Dude, it is snowing at my  house. get the facts straight

I didn't say anything that wasn't the case. Hunterdon county has filled in. if not all...80% of warren and Sussex is in the dry slot at the moment. That being said...it looks to be filling in.  ( especially Warren county). For people up in orange county...the western 3rd of the county is already into the dry slot. I'm just stating what the radar is showing as of 2:20pm. I am not saying we are all going to get dry slotted. However....for many of us it's a real concern/ possibility. That's all Im saying....and Im pretty sure the concern is realistic

Archived