joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Snow/wind/cold Saturday-Sunday-Monday 2/14-16/2015

famartin

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow skies have cleared here for some late afternoon sun still 28 highest temp I have seen all day here in Media... almost 45 in DC wow pretty good temp gradient.

I  think that precip near DC and Baltimore slowly migrates north and combines with the squall line to the west to set up for some fairly heavy snow somewhere right along the Delaware River points East East-northeast and northeast this would create your nor lun trough idea.

That band is going to ruin someone's Valentines Day dinner. I see a few accidents this evening.

I can see weenies from this board taking their GF/Wife out to dinner and requesting a seat by the window to watch to snow fall rather than having a conversation...

Just had a quick burst from a patch...good stuff comes in a bit. 28.1F

• ... A SEVERE SNOW SQUALL CONTINUES TO PUSH THROUGH THE CENTRAL MOUNTAINS...

AT 500 PM EST... A SEVERE SNOW SQUALL WAS ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM MANSFIELD TO STATE COLLEGE TO CUMBERLAND MARYLAND. THE SQUALL IS MOVING TO THE EAST AT 25 TO 30 MPH. WIND GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH ARE POSSIBLE WITH THIS SEVERE SQUALL. VISIBILITIES WILL GO TO NEAR ZERO AS THE SQUALL PASSES. THE WHITEOUT CONDITIONS MAY LAST 20 TO 30 MINUTES AS THE SQUALL GOES THROUGH YOUR LOCATION.

IF YOU ARE DRIVING AND ENCOUNTER THIS SQUALL... SLOW DOWN AND MAKE SURE YOUR HEADLIGHTS ARE ON SO PEOPLE IN FRONT AND BEHIND YOU CAN SEE WHERE YOUR VEHICLE IS LOCATED. CONSIDER STOPPING AND WAITING FOR THE CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. USE YOUR EMERGENCY FLASHERS AND PULL WELL OFF THE ROAD OR INTO A REST AREA OR PARKING LOT IF POSSIBLE.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... STATE COLLEGE... WILLIAMSPORT... LOCK HAVEN... LEWISTOWN... HUNTINGDON... BELLEFONTE... MONTOURSVILLE... JERSEY SHORE... BREEZEWOOD... AND LAMAR.

FOR THOSE DRIVING ON INTERSTATE 80... THIS INCLUDES AREAS BETWEEN THE SNOW SHOE AND LEWISBURG-WILLIAMSPORT EXITS... SPECIFICALLY FROM MILE MARKERS 157 TO 203.

THIS ALSO INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING INTERSTATES... INTERSTATE 70 FROM MILE MARKERS 147 TO 170. THE PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE FROM MILE MARKERS 152 TO 196. INTERSTATE 99 FROM MILE MARKERS 72 TO 85. INTERSTATE 180 FROM MILE MARKERS 18 TO 29.

"Mountains will eat it up" is an ignorant statement. The snow that the models show falling is caused by an inverted trough that sets up over the area this evening casued by the extremely strong ULL,  the mountains have 0 impact on it.

I think it will be funny if Philly gets more snow than most places in CT lol

I can see weenies from this board taking their GF/Wife out to dinner and requesting a seat by the window to watch to snow fall rather than having a conversation...

LOL!!!

Just got back from doing exactly that for lunch at the Plumsteadville Inn...

seat by the fireplace and opened the louvered shutters to watch the snow fall, which by the time we left had "piled up" to about 1.5"!

Came back, fed the birds, checked the snowlight, lit a fire and ready for round #2 ‼

The wife and I picked up a pizza for lunch...that was our "Valentine's Day" meal.  We did, of course, enjoy it by the living room window while that earlier band of snow was falling.

Skies were pretty bright here in Spring Mount for the past 30 to 40 minutes, just before sunset.  Looking forward to seeing what we get from that band later this evening.

The wife and I picked up a pizza for lunch...that was our "Valentine's Day" meal.  We did, of course, enjoy it by the living room window while that earlier band of snow was falling.

Skies were pretty bright here in Spring Mount for the past 30 to 40 minutes, just before sunset.  Looking forward to seeing what we get from that band later this evening.

Smart, practical and it's cool your wife went along w/it.....

currently clear here as well. picked up 1.1" in the first round. 28 F. Radar looks real good, it will be an exciting couple hours as it moves through. I hope someone on the board gets jackpotted from the norlun, depending where it sets up, I may take a drive to be under it to see if I can get under any thundersnow. Though I may not have to go too far..

Archived