joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 14-15 2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little surprised at how much trouble the snow has had accumulating here, after how cold it has been lately. Roads are just wet.  There's definitely a little something to the mid Feb sun angle argument. I know it wouldn't matter if the snow was heavier (heavy will stick any time of year), but lighter snow with temps around 30 to 32 has trouble sticking to roads this time of year. Anyway it should start sticking to roads soon with the sun going down, and hopefully we'll have some heavier snow tonight as well.

I'm a little surprised at how much trouble the snow has had accumulating here, after how cold it has been lately. Roads are just wet.  There's definitely a little something to the mid Feb sun angle argument. I know it wouldn't matter if the snow was heavier (heavy will stick any time of year), but lighter snow with temps around 30 to 32 has trouble sticking to roads this time of year. Anyway it should start sticking to roads soon with the sun going down, and hopefully we'll have some heavier snow tonight as well.

Salty areas, snow is starting to accumulate on roads here.

+SN..temp down to 31*..hope that band holds together(over pa. now)..thats 

the arctic front..w/ whiteout cond...what time would that arrive here,'EASTERNLI' ??

Lol....Just have to sit back and let it play out. I don't know why you're waiting for whiteout conds. when it's close to that here right know

Started snowing in Port Jefferson a little after 2:30 PM...in 90 minutes we have had continuous moderate to heavy snow with already 2 new inches (12.5 on the ground...started the day with 10.5 on the ground). Other than the wee hours of the morning of the blizzard...best snow of the season.

Snow a good deal lighter now in Port Jeff...some of those heavy bands that were sitting over the area have shifted east.

Archived