joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 14-15 2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will start since I am up tending to the stove.

5am 0 / -4 after bottoming out at -3 a few hours ago.

I suspect most from NYC west will see a 1-3 / 2-4 type deal with 3-6 LI and 6+ eastern LI. The caveat being where an inverted trough feature develops if it even materializes. This feature could possibly double the above numbers, particularly the 1-3 / 2-4 values. Even though accumulations will be light to moderate for the most part when combined with the increasing winds and incoming reinforcement of arctic cold this will be a fairly impactful event.

I will start since I am up tending to the stove.

5am 0 / -4 after bottoming out at -3 a few hours ago.

I suspect most from NYC west will see a 1-3 / 2-4 type deal with 3-6 LI and 6+ eastern LI. The caveat being where an inverted trough feature develops if it even materializes. This feature could possibly double the above numbers, particularly the 1-3 / 2-4 values. Even though accumulations will be light to moderate for the most part when combined with the increasing winds and incoming reinforcement of arctic cold this will be a fairly impactful event.

agreed due to winds will look worse then actual snow totals IMO ..in MBY ..I say 3-5 good call

17 after a low of 10. The remaining snow has an amazing layer of ice over it. The dry fluffy snow we are expecting along with wind gusts to 60 mph here will send the snow flying big time. There is a big pong right by my house that is finally fully frozen. I can't wait to see the drifts across Merrick road!!!

17 after a low of 10. The remaining snow has an amazing layer of ice over it. The dry fluffy snow we are expecting along with wind gusts to 60 mph here will send the snow flying big time. There is a big pong right by my house that is finally fully frozen. I can't wait to see the drifts across Merrick road!!!

..the drifting out here should be something..sound ave comes to mind (out on the north fork)..alot of 

open fields out here and of we get the higher amounts..watch out!

Temp making a steady climb on light south wind.

Currently16 / 8

I should make the mid to upper 20s before temps crash this evening / overnight. Today may very well be my warmest for the next 5-6 days! Regardless of how much snow falls a very wintry period is at hand.

Archived